Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing following contract renewal

malcd
Dabbler

Incorrect Billing following contract renewal

Hi 

Having renewed my PlusNet Fibre and UK + Mobile calls package I had issues with the confirmation email and was helped by PlusNet staff member EmilyD, who re-sent a modified confirmation email, and I thought that this would resolve the issue.

Having now had notification of my first bill I see that the finance team seem to have ignored my new contract costs and have failed to apply the discounts applying to my new contract, so it looks like they are about to overcharge by at least £11.99 for the period up to 26 May 2020.

As usual the 'itemised' bill fails to give any real descriptor as to what each bill item relates to, using vague terms rather than real descriptions. Whoever is responsible for bill production should look at the PlusNet help pages on 'understanding your bill' as the actual bills bear no resemblance to how the Help team believe they should look like !!.

Any chance of anyone at PlusNet resolving my overcharge issue?

thanks

MalcD

5 REPLIES 5
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Incorrect Billing following contract renewal

@malcd 

I am afraid yours is yet another report of incorrect billing following contract renewal. There are many similar posts on these forums. I too am affected and am not holding my breath waiting for a speedy resolution as my issue is now nearly three months on as well as there being other longer standing billing issues on the account.

This seems to be yet another area where Plusnet's billing system is unable to do what it is supposed to do - produce accurate bills reflecting the customer's contract (which is actually an Ofcom requirement). Not only that but Customer Support staff only seem to be able to provide temporary fixes, such as refunds of overcharges, rather than permanent fixes going forward. Those seem to require serious intervention by the back office teams who appear to be overwhelmed by the various issues.

Hope your issue does get picked up speedily and resolved.

malcd
Dabbler

Hi jgb

Thanks for your comment,

Yes, last year it took about 6 months to get it sorted, every month I would ring, every month I would get a refund, rarely the correct refund, and the bills would get more and more complicated with no transparency as to what each line meant. I don't expect an early resolution,

If PlusNet was quality assured they would be aiming to 'get things right first time every time' ; sometimes it seems as if they aim to 'get things wrong first time every time'. 

I get the impression that whilst the support staff try to be helpful, they are fighting against an organisation that invests in inherently 'broken' systems.

regards

MalcD 

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @malcd

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry you've had trouble with this latest invoice despite assurances it was sorted previously. I've checked over the account and provided a more detailed response here

Thanks. 

BTA1

Like the first post above, I have just upgraded my Broadband+HomePhone contract (a cost of £21.00 from 1 May) but have received a confirming email with incorrect information.   Although I have already paid my Line Rental Saver renewal (you helped solve a PlusNet system problem with this for me last week) the email states that my new monthly charge will be £40.99 which wrongly includes £19.99 line rental  - despite later stating that "When my Line Rental Saver contract expires, you'll also start paying £19.99 monthly line rental".    I do not want to find I am billed incorrectly and have to keep chasing PlusNet to refund me - can you please make sure that I receive a correct confirming email and that my new monthly subscription will be £21.00 ?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @BTA1,

Glad to see you've managed to make the payment for LRS as per your previous thread. I'm sorry your confirmation email includes some conflicting information. I've taken a look over your account and all looks well the email you received confirms the deal you agreed, however, the automated process won't take into account the pre-paid LRS when creating these emails. If you do notice anything awry on your May invoice give us a nudge here and we can get it resolved. 

Thanks.