Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing & Account Details

FIXED
Usky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Incorrect Billing & Account Details

I received my latest bill from Plusnet and was somewhat surprised by the amount due. Looking at my account details on the website it seems I'm being charged an out of contract price. This is incorrect. Knowing my contract was coming towards its end I took advantage of an 18 month existing customer deal in February (received a confirmation email saying my product change was complete on 22/02/2019).

I rang the customer service helpline this morning and spent around 20 minutes on hold. I appreciate it's a Monday morning and you're probably busy, but so am I and I can't just sit waiting for someone to eventually answer the 'phone. Is there someone here in the community who can help me get this sorted out?

20 REPLIES 20
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Re: Incorrect Billing & Account Details

Hi @Usky,

I've had a look and the bill is higher than what it should be. It's added the pro-rata charges for everything and deducted the over charges but hasn't added the promotional discount you activated on the website. 

How would you like this returning to you? A refund back into the account that the debit was made, or a credit onto next month (meaning you'll get double the discount on your next bill). 

or4cle

They have been messing around with my billing and taking more money through my direct debit than my agreed contract for the past 3 months. First I got 2 refunds for 2 direct debits taken for amount higher than they should have been, but then I was told there was a glitch in their billing system and that issuing refunds made it worse so that they 'would not issue further random refunds until the glitch causing for more money to be taken out of people's bank was resolved and they did not know when that would be, and they thanked me for my patience etc....'

Being on a strict monthly budget I just cannot have utility companies just take random amounts out of my bank account other than the amounts agreed by contract and the Direct Debits. Still the same reason and excuse kept being fed to me so I cancelled my DD to them and today I went to their site to ask to cancel my contract and leave because I have had enough of their poor service. The guy on the online chat just would not listen to my request to cancel and assured me their 'glitch' was now fixed and the correct billing amount would be taken at the next bill (in 2 days time).... I insisted I wanted to cancel their service and the answer was 'I cannot terminate you contract without charging you the fees. Everything as been resolved and I will now close the Chat.'

I still want to cancel. I have had enough of Plusnet. At each renewal of contract, instead of contacting customer in advance of the end of their current contract, they have each time shoved me on a higher price and I have had to call them to complain about it and get put back on a 12 months contract. It happened the same again this renewal followed by the 'Glitch' which meant they carried on taking more money each month instead of the agreed reduced amount for the new 12 months contract, with me each time having to contact them to complain have ask for my money back.

They are just unbelievable and now seem to refuse to acknowledge that their service is complete pants and allow people who have had enough and wish to leave, leave.

I still want to leave and my direct debit will remain cancelled. My £22.49 bill is meant to come out any days now. I will wait until they contact me and hope they can take a payment online or on the phone and will not reinstate my D/D. If they argue that I cannot leave or pay my last bill any other way than by D/D I will take this to the Ombudsman.

PlusNet have never done me proud!

Good luck with getting your issue sorted with these clowns.

Usky
Dabbler

Hi Jolo,

Thanks for looking into this for me so quickly.

I'd appreciate a refund back to the account please. I'd also appreciate a confirmation of the correct monthly payment and an update to my account (removing the out of contract price tag).

Usky
Dabbler

Wow ora4cle that's not good is it? Like you I'm on a monthly budget that's not exactly flexible. I really hope I don't suffer similar treatment to yourself. Hopefully Jolo has sorted things out for me now.

Good luck with whoever you choose as your new provider.

or4cle

Thank you. I hope they have seriously resolved you and it will not re-occur at the next billing. Good luck   (and sorry for the massive rant on your post). 🙂

Usky
Dabbler

Hi again @JOLO sorry to keep pestering you, my broadband account still shows me as being out of contract and the associated out of contract price. I'd hoped this would have been sorted out by now.

Also regarding download speeds. As you know I am paying for Unlimited Fibre Extra, yet repeated speed tests at various times of the day show my download speed averaging around 36Mb/s. There's obviously an issue this morning since speedtest.net says download is just 2.47Mb/s and broadbandspeedchecker,co.uk says download is 3.02Mb/s. Today aside my download speed is a long way short of the 66Mb average speed advertised and suggests I am still on the old Unlimited Fibre contract setup.

or4cle

02uxgi1uxqjz

Welcome to the club - Having T-shirt printed if you're interested. Prepare to be fobbed off with excuses...

Thank goodness Plusnet's new advert tells us they have been voted best for customer service for the last 6 years. To be fair I don't think it is the bill paying customer who votes on that one. Based on more open ended communication with Plusnet yesterday, the only people who praise them for their service is 'their regulator' = OFFCOM.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @Usky

I've checked your account and your contract is showing correctly as per the service notice we generated for you here.

Could you please highlight where this is showing incorrectly for yourself? (Feel free to screenshot and add here minus any personal info)

In terms of your speed, I've just tested this for you and you're in sync at 70.3mb/s, so you've definitely been provisioned on the correct product. When you're testing the speed, are you doing this via a wired, ethernet connection from the test socket of your premises?

Best wishes

Dave

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

@or4cle

I can see that my colleague has been liaising with you in terms of the issues you've raised here and we appear to have resolved the billing/discount issue on your account. I can see that my colleague has taken ownership of this for you and has offered to monitor your account to ensure that this is fully resolved. In terms of your request to cancel your services, the information my colleague has provided is 100% correct - you would not be eligible to leave without charge. Additionally, cancelling your direct debit would not negate the need for you to pay for your services, it would simply result in the outstanding balance on your account being passed to a 3rd party collection agency and the eventual closure of your account unless payment was made via an alternative method.

Best wishes

Dave

Usky
Dabbler

Hi @RandallFlagg I've just checked my download speed with Which via a wired LAN:

Screenshot from 2019-03-21 12-07-02.png

37.6Mb/s is around average whenever I check although I occasionally get faster speeds.

With regard the details on my account:

Screenshot from 2019-03-21 12-04-24.png

You can clearly see above it states I am being charged an out of contract price; I've tried clearing my cache and reloading the page, but still get the same result. As I said to your colleague on Monday it would be appreciated if I could see the correct details for the service I'm paying for.

Usky
Dabbler

I've just noticed the speed test I ran a short while ago showed my laptop was apparently connecting via WiFi so I replugged the LAN cable and tested again - the reading this time is obviously much better! Grin

Screenshot from 2019-03-21 12-42-33.png

Incidentally BT Openreach technicians have been working a lot in our neighbourhood recently, could their activities have a bearing on the download speeds I experience?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

or4cle

@RandallFlagg

Your service is poor = you refuse to acknowledge this much when people are telling you that they are in tight monthly financial budgets and cannot allow you to take any random amounts other than those agreed clearly in our contracts and allegedly 'protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee', out of people's bank accounts with the promise that 'you will be refunded whenever the issue is resolved - but we don't know when this will be at the moment.' 

'Monitoring my account' means nothing. It is no categorical assurance that you will not take erroneous amount of money out of my account.

Instead, you are patronising in your tone when the customers voice their concern, and you threaten extra charges and fees if they dare ask to have their service cancelled because they have had enough of having to contact you after every bill to ask why a higher amount that the one agreed has yet again been taken by you.

It will remain so, at this stage and the way I now feel about PlusNet, probably until the end of this sentence - sorry I mean contract, so sadly for me, until 2020.

I got your email telling me that my bill was ready, yesterday evening. So this morning, I rang Plusnet to pay this bill over the phone as I have, indeed, cancelled my Direct Debit to stop you from helping yourself to my money as you see fit.

And yet again, delays and excuses blah blah 'oh we have not been notified your direct debit has been cancelled yet so when our system registers that the direct debit has not gone through, we will let you know the payment has failed. Please contact us again then and you can pay the bill but not before'. 

What a joke!   Can't wait to waste yet more of my time contacting you lot.

Save this on my record loud and clear, please =

When this sentence of a contract with you ends early next year = I DO NOT WANT TO RENEW IT.

When my contract ends = Do NOT RESUSCITATE!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Usky, I was going to point at that the previous speed tests were over wireless. I'm glad to see the wired speed test you've ran relates more so to the 70.3Mbps sync speed we are seeing this side.
As with any upgrade or change to a service the connection will be going through a stabilisation period and therefor you may see the speed dip and increase over the next few days however within 10 days this should have settled somewhat. By all means if you're still having any speed issues beyond this point please do let us know.
The wireless to wired comparison we now have does hint that wireless improvements could be mind and I'd suggest going through my wireless improvement guide below in best optimising the wireless to suite your property.

In regards to you worries about price shown on your account, I can confirm as my colleague did that everything looks to be in place to honor your arranged deal with the upgrade. If the discount for what ever reason isn't applied to your following invoice please do let us know.

The guide below will show you how to log into the router and change the wireless channel as it's usually another router in the area on the same or similar channel that will be causing issues for both wireless frequencies. Before picking a channel I'd suggest downloading a free app called wifi analyzer which will scan your area for all the routers and show what channels they are on between 1-13. Although the above app isn't essential it helps you pick where your router would be best in terms of channels and saves a lot of time doing it via trial and error.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to 192.168.1.254 If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Advanced Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless' followed by '5 GHz Wireless'. What we want to do to begin with is turn 'Sync with 2.4 GHz Wireless' to 'Off' and update the SSID to be different. The easiest way would be to add '-5G' to the end so it is identified as its own connection. Once this is changed, we will need to keep an eye on it for a day or 2 to see if the issue continues. If it does, the next step would be to change the wireless channel. Keeping in mind the original 2.4Ghz unchanged name network connection would be the best to connect your devices to for a stronger signal.

4) Following the above guide to get to your 'Advanced Settings' page, you will need to change the settings within the 2.4 GHz Wireless tab and the 5 GHz Wireless tab.

5) Under the correct heading, you will need to find 'Channel Selection' on the list and change this from 'Automatic' to any one of the other channels, This can also need doing under '5 GHz Wireless' to cover both signals. Give it 3-4 hours of testing to see if the issue still persists and try to change the channel again if you see little or no improvement.

LEEEVANS69
Grafter

Yeah incorrect on mine too same price and says out of contract 

Did you upgrade/take an offer online?