cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Bill

beardface

Incorrect Bill

I received my broadband bill this week. On checking I have been charged for BT Sports twice. Can you tell me why and can you please rectify.

6 REPLIES 6
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Incorrect Bill

Hi @beardface,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and raised a response via a ticket, which can be viewed here. I trust that this has helped, however if there is anything further we may be able to assist with then please don't hesitate to ask.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Kodiakcottage

Hi, I have a similar issue and just spoke to Customer Services and wasn’t totally convinced by the response  - that the bill was correct and I was being charged in advance for BT Sport (£10) and that next month’s bill will be lower.   How can the bill go up for a single month because of the BT sport increase and then reduce again?  Superficially it looks like I’ve been charged more than I should have been.  Perhaps you could post the reasoning behind the apparent double charge in the example above,  in generic form rather than mentioning specific account details, to help clarify this in my mind.  thanks

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

As I understand it, the price increase took effect on 17th September. There will be a charge for the number of days from 17th of September up to your billing date for October, so it will be an odd amount. Then there will be the £10 charge for the current billing period ,In my case the bill showed a small credit, then a charge followed by the charge for October.The November bill should revert to a flat £10  Messy I know but it should only be a one-off, until ,of course, the next price increase applied by BT. 

Evan

Kodiakcottage

Thanks for your reply.  This what Customer Services told me and I think I understand the principle, but I’m still struggling!

In my simple little mind I still can’t work out why this month is more than last month but it will go down again next month.  So in effect I’m paying more than £10 for this month’s bill.

Last month BT sport pack was £5 on my bill, this month it appears to cost me £14.50 (as in the example posted by the OP, (£10 + £9 - £4.50) ) and next month it’s back to £10 apparently.   Surely this month should be somewhere between £5 and £10 (because only some of the month is at £10)?  Or am I missing a trick? Are they effectively backdating the BT sport increase on part of last month’s bill?  If so then I can understand why it might be more.  

Edit - I think that’s what it is, effectively correcting last month’s bill which should have been £9.50 -  thanks for replying and sorry for not grasping that was what had gone on!

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

My billing date is 6th of each month.

My October bill shows a credit of £3.17, then a charge of £6.33. These relate to the differential in rate  from the increase on 17th September up to my billing date on the 6th October, so effectively an additional £3.16 for September's BT Sport. Then there is the £10 charge for the October billing period. The November bill should revert to £10, hopefully, the normal rate.

Evan

Kodiakcottage

Thanks Evan - makes sense as does my bill now.

Paul