cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetence

jmpatrick

Incompetence

After 2 weeks, and zero communication from Plusnet, I’ve finally been told that my broadband has been activated. However, the router is still ‘preparing for shipment’. Surely it is common sense that the router should be sent out first, especially when there is ample time when you take so long to action the transfer?
Furthermore, I’m now told that the phone service will take 4 weeks to transfer instead of the 2 weeks quoted at the time of order. This wouldn’t be a concern, except for the fact that it will take me beyond 30 days from when I notified BT I was rejecting their price increase, and  makes it likely I will now have to pay out my contract with them. It also seems unfair when you have taken 12 months line rental in advance at the time of order. Again there has been no explanation from Plusnet for the delay.
Currently, I’m questioning my wisdom to switch to Plusnet.
2 REPLIES 2
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: Incompetence

Good afternoon jmpatrick,
I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're having, not an ideal beginning and for that I sincerely apologise.  I will have a look at the account and see what the problem has been and will come back to you as soon as I know.
I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Warm regards
Sharon
SharonBrown
Grafter

Re: Incompetence

Hi again jmpatrick,
I've had a look through the details of the account and it would seem that this is down to a system glitch which failed to trigger the sending of the router and the placement of the home phone transfer order.  The delay on the home phone order is four days from the original agreement but I have updated the online support ticket in your account with more details and I will be keeping an eye on this until everything has transferred over.  I'll make sure that you are not out of pocket in terms of any cancellation fees if it is as a result of the delay in placing the transfer order. 
I'll be keeping you up to date on the online support ticket but if you need to speak to me, let me know and I will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.  I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Kind regards
Sharon