cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetence repeated

Apprentice
Grafter

Incompetence repeated

Just received advance notice of Direct Debit payment and for another month in succession it is incorrect  Angry
October Question re incorrect DD demand #112777780
November DD yet again incorrect, Question #114612997
Having had a close family bereavement I don't need this hassle just now chasing up PN's repeated errors.
This obviously wasn't sorted out correctly last month, are the staff incompetent or poorly trained or just don't GAF!

Update:- Ticket raised, Question #114637712

10 REPLIES 10
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Incompetence repeated

I'm really sorry to see the cause of this problem wasn't rectified last month when you brought this to our attention. I'll be passing feedback on regarding this as I don't feel enough was done when it could have been previously.
I believe I've now fixed what was causing the issue, so moving forward your bills should be correct. I'll also make sure the payment is refunded once it has cleared on our side.
I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you at this time and my condolences for your loss.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks for your assistance Harry, much appreciated at this time.

Apprentice
Grafter

Quote from: HarryB
I'm really sorry to see the cause of this problem wasn't rectified last month when you brought this to our attention. I'll be passing feedback on regarding this as I don't feel enough was done when it could have been previously.
I believe I've now fixed what was causing the issue, so moving forward your bills should be correct. I'll also make sure the payment is refunded once it has cleared on our side.
I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you at this time and my condolences for your loss.

The incorrect direct debit payment was taken out of my bank account this morning I await the credit refund.
See Question #114952340
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I've refunded that for you and it should be in your account within the next 5 to 10 working days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Apprentice
Grafter

Thanks very much for that Matthew and hopefully all is now sorted with regards to my monthly broadband billing.
Apprentice
Grafter

Still waiting for refunds and a credit to appear in my bank account don't know why PN are so slow at releasing funds as it is not the bank's systems at fault Sad

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Unfortunately we can't do anything to speed up the money getting back to you after we've issued the refund and this was done on 24/11/15.
I'd expect this to be back in your account by 08/12/15.
On the bright side for you, someone else went on the account after Matthew and issued the refund again on 25/11/15. So you've been refunded the amount twice Roll_eyes
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Apprentice
Grafter

Back online after powercuts due to extreme storm force winds and loads of rain looks like it's heading South for the rest of the North of England after it's washed out Cumbria.
OK these things take time although the previous month's refund was quick as it  was applied before the DD debit left my account.
The second refund might be due to a suggestion from me that a goodwill gesture from PN would be to give me a free month of broadband for the stress and hassle caused at this time, well that is what I assumed it was, one can only hope.
  Smiley
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

By all means, please do keep it as a goodwill gesture Wink
The reason the previous months refund was quick, was as the agent incorrectly refunded it against your LRS invoice, so it may have been quicker as it was refunded back to a card as opposed to a DD. As they had refunded it against the incorrect invoice, this appears to have caused confusion as on first glance of your invoices, it looked like we had not issued a refund against the invoices where they were due.
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Apprentice
Grafter

Fine.