cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompetant Service

FastJan
Grafter

Incompetant Service

On 22nd Sept I'd decided I'd had more than enough of Plusnet Pro being a pretty poor service to say the least so I phoned and asked for my account including phone line to be cancelled/disconnected. On reflection, I thought it might be better to keep my options open in terms of moving to a new supplier with a little more time and research so I phoned Plusnet to stop the cancellation on 28th Sept.
I was assured that it was plenty of notice to stop the cessation and that no interruptions to service would occur.
The due date for the cessation (before I halted it) was 4th Oct - woke up today to no internet service but the phone line is still working. I can only assume that BT were able to read the cancelled cessation paperwork, but Plusnet didn't action their own tickets and stop the cessation.
Would someone be able to check my account and tell me exactly where things went wrong? To be honest, I really don't want to stay with Plusnet now that my contracted period has finished, the poor performing 'Pro' package certainly isn't worth the fees for me personally. The main reason I was going to stay a little longer was to avoid the £25 disconnection fee whilst I gave myself time to do more research into ISPs. As of today I've no idea whether I'm still being charged this fee, I don't even know if I'm being charged for services by Plusnet...  all I know is that I have no broadband connection.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Incompetant Service

Sorry to hear of the problems you've had, I've asked one of my team to take a look and they'll reply later today once they've looked through your account to see what's happened.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi FastJan,
I'm very sorry about this - your summary of the situation is correct in that:
Quote from: FastJan
I can only assume that BT were able to read the cancelled cessation paperwork, but Plusnet didn't action their own tickets and stop the cessation.

I can confirm that you won't be charged any sort of cessation fee for this, and as things stand now your broadband has been ceased but the phone line is still active with us (although the broadband cease order has completed today as scheduled it hasn't been marked as complete yet on our supplier's systems).
We can do either one of two things here, depending on what you'd like:
1) we can reprovide the service at no cost to yourself (if you then chose to migrate away once the order was complete this would be your prerogative; should you choose to do so I can confirm there wouldn't be any fees to pay)
2) You can request that another provider places the order on your line and we'll keep your account open with home phone only as long as you require it.
Please let us know, I'm sorry that this has happened.
FastJan
Grafter

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've been pondering...
If I were to choose option 1 above, could I be put onto the Value package initially to see if it's any different to Pro? I really don't want to pay for Pro at the moment as I felt it was no better than my other ISP on my other phone line currently is and their service is much cheaper. How long does it take to re-activate the broadband on my account?
Also, can you confirm that I will not be subjected to any contractual period?
Thanks
Jan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Jan,
As per when I called I have processed a free reconnection to broadband which should complete within 7 days. I will also make sure as agreed that you're account is changed to value.
I'll be in touch on Monday to confirm the progress of your order. Also the contract will be monthly.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team