Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inadequate referell fees

stevenhorne

Inadequate referell fees

Hello Mark
Thank you for your email.
We like PlusNet, primarily from an operational perspective. There is a simple reason why we don't recommend more of our customers to PlusNet, and connect them to other suppliers. At a commission rate of £1.39 per recommendation, it's commercially unattractive.
If you can get this aspect correct, we'll be placing more customers with you.
Regards
Steven Horne
Managing Director
Bush Telegraph (UK) Ltd
01872 562046
8 REPLIES 8
Liam
Grafter

Re: Inadequate referell fees

Many Thanks for your comments Steven.  We really appreciate your taking the time to provide this feedback to us.  Interacting with our referral community is going to be invaluable to us with regards to making the referral programme as attractive as we can and provide you guys with the tools, the benefits and the support you need to keep referring.
As Mark has alluded to elsewhere on this forum, referral values and other benefits for referring are under review and you will hear more from us as far as they are concerned in the near future.  As the email said, a revamp is underway, and the feedback we get in this forum over the coming weeks and months is going to be crucial to that.
Vstar
Dabbler

I'd just like to chip in here too...
As noted in several places elsewhere, if referals were just a matter of saying "Yeah, I'm with PlusNet, they're good, use them"...
50p/month may be considered enough...
But when you end up going to a friend/colleges home/office and spending 30-45 mins signing them up and talking them through their options, AND then nip back a week later to install the kit and set everything up...
Then for less than 50p/month I'm not sure I'll carry on doing it!
As it's been said, how much time/money have I and other referrers saved PN's support staff (and may possibly save in the future if the referree's have problems)...
Be realistic - 50p/month is a bare minimum here...
Mark
Grafter

Hi there.
This type of feedback is immensely valuable to us. My thought processes at the minute are centred around the current referrer scheme and secondly a partner type scheme which would suit those who provide services to their referrers or IT consultants or resellers.
The latter will need quite a bit of work and development and will not be a quick fix. But I fully appreciate the desire within sections of our referral community for something more than that which we have now.
Lets explore this a bit further. If we offered a Partner programme, what would you guys want or expect to see from it?
My thoughts so far would be along the lines of 1 central point of account management and billing to run along side a Gold, Silver and Bronze scheme which would attract varying degrees of benefit depending on how active the referrer was.
What do you think or what would you like to see?
This is not a promise nor a commitment at this stage, but simply exploring the the potential.

nexcore

That sounds good to me. As I mentioned somewhere else in the forum a partner scheme was under development about 4 years ago but seemed to disappear.
I just counted up the number of referrals I have for the first time ever and I have 173 of which 137 pay a referral fee. A nice centralised managment system for those clients would be good. I think I still sign up two or three people a month even now so it is growing.
Being able to quickly see the progress of activation on new accounts I have signed up and to see if they have stalled for any reason. Also checking usage of all referred accounts to make sure those on PAYG deals are getting the best value for money as well as making sure all my clients are getting the best deal when you change your broadband packages.
As a suggestion for referral fees could we get the best of both worlds in terms of a one-off payment up front as well as the on-going monthly payments? 
Mark
Grafter

Thats all good stuff and understandable and reasonable requests.
As a suggestion for referral fees could we get the best of both worlds in terms of a one-off payment up front as well as the on-going monthly payments?

Erm, watch this space, you never know what the referrals fairy might bring Wink
Joking aside, we have a couple of plans and proposals which we hope to launch very soon and revamping referrals benefits is absolutely up there at the top of the pile. Smiley
Mand
Grafter

Morning all,
You might wanna check out this page to see what we've introduced for you guys today.
Smiley
Loombucket
Grafter

I like it.  Cool
I've got a couple of business account migrations coming up - it's nice to earn a bit more for them.
Mand
Grafter

Glad to hear it. Smiley