cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inability to get through to Plusnet

BenGunn

Inability to get through to Plusnet

Signed up with Plusnet 2 years ago and at first getting through via live chat or phone was relatively easy.  Not any more.

I received an email from them concerning their inability to collect a direct debit payment.  The mistake is probably theirs but I am having no success getting through to them.  

When I go on line I'm informed on line chat is unavailable.  When I phone I'm told wait times are 30 minutes or more - and since I'm  currently in the US, I am not only facing a long wait but paying international rates for it.

Plusnet doesn't provide an email contact on their website and from what I've read on these forums there isn't one.

So what now?  I guess my only option is to write and iwhen I do it won't be to resolve the billing error but to cancel my contract.  Plusnet's advertising talks about award winning customer service - presumably this is the award for the worst service in the business.

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Inability to get through to Plusnet

Hi there.

It looks like the direct debit isn't setup at the bank's side.

Can you re-submit the instruction using the below link?

https://www.plus.net/apps/paymentdetails/manage/

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
BenGunn

My bank account is set up for annual payments to Paypal, which is the contract made a couple of years ago.  Apparently I didn't read or forgot the fine print and a monthly charge is now due.  It would have been helpful if Plusnet had sent a reminder and explanation in advance, rather than simply informing me a few days before the payment was due.

It was that email the prompted first, my attempts to contact them for clarification and then my frustration at how difficult it proved to be to make contact.  I gave up on phone calls- the wait time never seemed less than 30 minutes - and, after many attempts, on-line contact opened up and I got answers to my questions.  Never did find a way to email.

That frustration with Plusnet's inadequate customer contact system was the reason for my first email.  I didn't post to get help on an accounting issue but a moderator in his/her wisdom decided to move my email to this thread.

PS.  If a Plusnet employee is reading this, let me pass on my experience yesterday with Delta airlines.  I needed to change a booking and first found I had the option of emailing or phoning.  Tried phoning and was informed there was a long wait time - but was also informed that, if I left my phone number, someone would call me back in 25 minutes.  And they did.  Delta is not the only company to offer that service, so how about it Plusnet?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Apologies for your experience and thanks for your feedback.

We'll pass it on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet