cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In contract and Moving house

teddman
Grafter

In contract and Moving house

So in in month 10 of 12 in my contract for my broadband and we are moving house next month. in our house we get 13-16mb/s and in our new place the broadband isnt so good at only 1-3mb/s. yeah 😕 . BUT fiber is available at the new place and im keen to go for that. What i want to know is, is there any way to pay off the remaining 2 months and get set up with fiber and how much will that cost, Im a long time plusnet customer and very happy with them and dont want to leave.
Any help appreciated
thanks
mike
2 REPLIES 2
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: In contract and Moving house

Basically what you're wanting to do is a house move which is already covered by your contract, no need to pay it off. Plusnet have a House Move guide which explains the options, moving ADSL -> ADSL or ADSL -> Fibre. Personally I think I'd be inclined to move ADSL -> ADSL (despite the much lower speed) then upgrade to fibre subsequently once that is working (being in a contract doesn't affect this, the fibre upgrade will start a new 18 month contract). However if you can tolerate the risk of more down time you could go ADSL -> Fibre.
The guide advises contacting the House Moves team well ahead of the move to discuss options and get things moving. I suggest doing that next week.
Hope the move goes well for you. Smiley
David
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: In contract and Moving house

As spraxyt has indicated the contract isn't an issue, it only applies if you leave Plusnet or I think possibly in some cases if you downgrade. If you start a new contract the remainder of the old contract is effectively waived.
I'd strongly agree with his ADSL to ADSL move and then immediately that is up and running order the fibre upgrade.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)