Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Important information about your prices email

amuckelt32
Grafter
Fixes: 2

Important information about your prices email

An email with the above heading was recived on 5th February about the increase in call charges applied from December 2019. It stated that becuase Plusnet had failed to inform customer sthat they could leave with no penalty if they were unhappy with the increase customers could leave up to March 2020. 

If I do decide to leave would I be credited with the amount my account is in credit including the Line Rental Saver money?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Important information about your prices email

@amuckelt32 

Do you really mean email? If so it should be in your email folder. To be honest I'm sceptical!

I believe that the cancellation without penalty clause only applies to line rental increases, not call charges. However I'm happy for you to prove me wrong.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 15

@Baldrick1 

I have just had an email similar to the OP's. I am enclosing a copy of the appropriate get out clause.

If you’re not happy with any of the changes and do decide to leave as a result, you won’t have to pay an early termination charge. Just get in touch with us on 0800 587 1960 within a month of receiving this email and give us 14 days’ notice.

Hope that helps

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

I stand corrected! Thanks for the info.

As I renewed my contract prior to the increase and have a call package I might not get one, time will tell.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Baldrick1 

I got that email on 6 February and I renewed my contract in October and also updated my call plan then, and so I would think you will ghet the email. If you check your closed tickets you may find refernce to it - I had a closed Service Notice on my account the day before the email arrived making refernce it. 

amuckelt32
Grafter

Hi 

I have got the email waht I'm trying to find out is if I move to another ISP will I get a full refund of any credit on my account, including the amount outstanding on my Line Rental Saver. 

At present my builling is totally screwed up as Plusnet are using my Line Rental Saver money as a credit on my account and I'm therefore not getting monthly bills. Therefore, if I could leave only 8 months into my 2 year contract without loosing any money that would be a bonus! If thsi isn't the case I can't leave until April 2021!  

jgb
Champion

@amuckelt32 

My reply was to @Baldrick1 .

Turning to your query, ignoring any problems caused by the credit in your account balance caused by the misapplication of the LRS payment (I also have that problem) if you leave stating it is because of the price increase, Plusnet should not apply any early termination charges and should also repay any unused LRS. 

This has been stated on these forums in the past. What is unclear to me is how they deal with the unused LRS - is it pro rata or do they charge the used months at full line rental? Whilst the credit balance on your account caused by the LRS issue may complicate things I do not see that it should change the fundamental principles.

But, as ever, we need a Plusnet staff member to resp[ond with a definitive answer.

nocback
Dabbler

I currently am having cashback issues with PNET and am seriously thinking of moving to another provider. I also paid up front for a years line rental and pay  monthly for evening and weekend calls package. Obviously I am not happy with any further expenses or extra charges , so is this a get out clause . Also if the line rental is for a year I would like to think any refund would be pro rata to time left on contract after leaving .

amuckelt32
Grafter

I had cashback/referral problems which were solved eventually, just before the Line Rental Saver problem started!

I'm almost tempted to just move supplier, as the billing team seem to lurch from one issue to the next and accept the loss.

It would be good to get a response from someone from Plusnet!

Armin_Tamzarian
Grafter

@Baldrick1 & @amuckelt32 

I had the same issue with Plusnet using LRS as credit on my account until my most recent bill - dated 1st Feb 2020.

For some reason unknown to me - and possibly unknown to Plusnet themselves - they deducted £197.88 for LRS from my account balance in my Feb bill. So my bill for Feb is £66.66 - which they took from my bank account yesterday, 10th Feb.

Why have Plusnet deducted the full LRS amount from my account balance now? I can only guess they've taken it at the half-way point of my contract. I have an 18 month contract running from the end of April 2019 to the end of Oct 2020. So the half-way point would have been the end of Jan 2020. Like I said - I'm only guessing, this could be a coincidence.

Speaking of coincidences - a bill for £66.66? Random fluke - or some sort of error in the billing system?

I also received the Important information about your prices email: So if I want to leave Plusnet now, I take it there will be no early termination charge and that PN will refund my LRS - in my case, almost half of the amount I paid up-front.

Question to a PN advisor:

Why can you not simply divide the amount of LRS paid up-front, divide this by the life of the contract and decuct the appropriate amount each month? e.g. £198 LRS paid up-front for an 18 month contract: £198/18 = £11 pcm and deduct this amount from the account balance each month? The way you are currently operating LRS is confusing - perhaps intentionally so?

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

Post released from spam filter

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
jgb
Champion

@Armin_Tamzarian 

The deduction of £197.88 from your account is merely to do what should have happened originally when you paid the LRS - there should have been a credit of £197.88 (your payment) and a matching debit or charge (the cost of the LRS). The reason you got such a large credit balance was that the charge wa not applied to your account. Your account should now be where it was had things been done correctly originally. Your large payment should merely reflect the sum of the missed payments.

The LRS payment of £197.88 covered a years line rental  - it therefore cost £16.49 per month as against the monthly cost of £18.99, a saving of £30 per year or £2.50 per month. (Prices applicable before the 3 December 2019 increase). The LRS payment does not cover the whole length of the 18 month broadband contract.

As for the email, yes you can leave with no early termination charges (as long as you tell Plusnet that you are leaving because of the price increase by calling them as the email states). Any LRS refund will be for the remaining months of the 12 month LRS payment and will not represent 9 months of your 18 month broadband contract.