cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IT SEEMS it’s not just ME that didn’t get the £50 reward card. As I didn’t get my email?

Ruby54

IT SEEMS it’s not just ME that didn’t get the £50 reward card. As I didn’t get my email?

If a company is selling something as a package deal, they should automatically send the customer their reward. Why should customers have to claim it?. I Missed the email because I was told you have to wait 2 + months of being with the company before claiming it. So now when I checked it was sent to me on the 20/02/2019 which is misleading information. Your telling customers they must wait 2 months to claim it, and then you send out emails within the same month of them joining saying they need to claim it? Which one is correct?? Customers are obviously going to miss it. And Plusnet have not sent out any reminders to prompt customer to claim the rewards. £50 reward card is saving of £50, and they should let customers have it because it’s the reason they brought the deal, to save money. I’m not happy about it. And to cancel my contract they want £100?
10 REPLIES 10
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Re: IT SEEMS it’s not just ME that didn’t get the £50 reward card. As I didn’t get my email?

Hello @Ruby54 and welcome to the forums!

Please accept my apologies for the issue with your cashback and the information that has been provided to you by an advisor.

Could you confirm when you was informed of a 2 months period before being able to claim your cashback? On our cashback & vouchers FAQs it states 'You'll get an email sent to the address you provided when you signed up. You'll normally receive this email within 10 working days of your first service being up and running.' This has to be claimed within 2 months of the email being received and could be where the confusion has come from.

I appreciate it may be too late to see our FAQs but you can view them here. Let us know when you was informed of a 2 month period before claiming the cashback and we will see what we can do.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: IT SEEMS it’s not just ME that didn’t get the £50 reward card. As I didn’t get my email?

Moderator's Note(s)

Unhelpful post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Ruby54

I took the package deal through a comparison website, and paid on the 29/01/19. I received the email (which I missed) on the 20/02/19. I should have been told that I need to claim it within 2 Months. Not to wait for 2 months before I claim it. It’s all a little strange from what I am reading on here.
preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Maybe instead of removing posts you could sort our reward cards?

You want my post to be helpful? Ok.

OP. contact trading standards and citizens advice. Also BBC watchdog. The plusnet site makes no mention of a third party and makes it sound like they are the ones sending the reward emails. You have signed up based on an offer you haven't received, they are breaking the contact you made with them.
Mav

@preecejon 

Moderators on these forums are customers like yourself and not employed by Plusnet. We have no access to accounts or Plusnet systems.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

But you can open support tickets and request personal info from customers?Huh

What use are you without access to plusnet systems and accounts?? How can you help anyone?
Mav

@preecejon wrote:
But you can open support tickets and request personal info from customers?Huh

What makes you think we can do that?

What use are you without access to plusnet systems and accounts?? How can you help anyone?

The role of the moderators is laid out in the Forum Rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@Ruby54 wrote:
I took the package deal through a comparison website, and paid on the 29/01/19. I received the email (which I missed) on the 20/02/19. I should have been told that I need to claim it within 2 Months. Not to wait for 2 months before I claim it. It’s all a little strange from what I am reading on here.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Could you advise when you were told you'll need to wait 2 months before claiming?

We'll then review the call or chat and we'll go from there.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ruby54

On the day I signed up. 29/01/19 I was told you can’t claim the reward until you’ve been with us a minimum 2-3 months. Apparently the conversation has been checked as I have already complained about it, but I think I should be given a copy of that conversation, so I know exactly what was said.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us.

To assist with locating the call, can you advise whether it was the adviser who signed your account up who said this? Or was it an adviser prior to this regarding a query you may have had before you signed up?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet