cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS plusnet the most unhelpful provider EVER??

pippy0

IS plusnet the most unhelpful provider EVER??

PLUSNET 

We first contacted you to say my father who was an account holder, sadly passed away in december! We needed to know the status of the account and what on earth he was paying £34 for ? as the household was getting 6mb broadband.

Your helpful response at first was: "CAN WE SPEAK TO THE ACCOUNT HOLDER PLEASE?"

After explaining it a second time, that would be rather difficult. Another employee told us to pay the balance before could do anything with the account... Balance paid. Passed on to another person.... who promptly replied:

"WE NEED TO SPEAK TO THE ACCOUNT HOLDER!" 

After more attempts to help plusnet see this was not possible, we sent a copy of the death certificate and asked for further contact to resolve the issue.

4 weeks later, i rang again... Explained it all that my father had passed away in december and that you'd had the death certificate and done nothing.... 

PlusNet response:  "haha ok, well umm, I NEED TO SPEAK TO THE ACCOUNT HOLDER" 

Calmly i explained how that wasnt possible.... and yet again "haha ok, well please send a death certificate again" 

THATS NOW 2 PHONE CALLS WHEN IVE EXPLAINED MY FATHER HAS DIED AND YOU'VE LAUGHED!!! 

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG

MORE TO THE POINT

STILL YOU'VE DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! 

3 REPLIES 3
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: IS plusnet the most unhelpful provider EVER??

From the PN website:

"In such circumstances, we understand that things are hard enough. We’ll try and make this as easy as possible.

To cancel or transfer an account, please just give us a call. Please note for security purposes we’ll need to run a data protection check. This is a standard process and involves asking some questions about the account.

If we’re unable to run a successful data protection check, we would need a copy of the death certificate. We’ll explain on the call how you can send this to us.

Rest assured, we’ll deal with your call in the most sensitive and supportive way."

It rather seems to me that the staff have not read it.

I am currently dealing with the affairs of a relative who died just after Xmas. The range of competence from the people I have had to deal with can only be described as variable. If things do not go well the only way to get round the problem is a combination of patience and persistence.

I think I have mentioned this before but when my father in law died some years ago the letter from BT read " We are sorry you are leaving us and hope you will come back to us soon......"

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@pippy0 Sorry for your loss - I know how it feels.

I can't guarantee this will work, but I'll try anyway

@MatthewWheeler - any chance of assistance, please?

John
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

@pippy0  - Hi there, thanks a lot for reaching out, and I'm extremely sorry to have read the above. Please can you send me a Direct Message with the account username, and a contact number which I'll be able to give you a call on? I'll also review the account to make sure the relevant feedback is passed on for future instances.

Please also accept my condolences for the loss of your father.

-Adam

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds