cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel my account

KarenFitz
Hooked

I want to cancel my account

I've been trying to phone Plusnet for over 2 days to cancel my package, 20+ minute waiting time and no web chat available. Can someone please tell me why I cannot do this online (or let me know where I can within my account)? Unable to do it myself and no way to contact Plusnet, so no doubt I'll be billed for broadband and phone I no longer use. If this goes on I'll have to resort to cancelling my direct debit.

9 REPLIES 9
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: I want to cancel my account

@KarenFitz 

You can only cancel using phone or chat. Note that you may need to turn off your Internet Browser 'Pop Up Blocker' to get chat to work.

Cancelling your Direct Debit will result in even more hassle dealing with a Debt Collection Agency, having a damaged Credit Record etc.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KarenFitz
Hooked

Thank you for the information @Baldrick1  Though if this is my account, and I'm paying for it, why can I not cancel it when I want to? That doesn't make sense, and making me pay extra for something I am no longer using is, in my opinion, sharp practice. Re chat: "Pop up blocker" isn't on, the link to chat came up as not available on the site before I even tried it. But thanks for at least answering. Smiley 

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@KarenFitz 

I find that the best thing to do is to ring, jump through the initial hoops then put the phone into hands free mode and do something else until someone at Plusnet comes on the line.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

KarenFitz
Hooked

That's an option I considered, but it isn't really good enough service from Plusnet, though in hindsight it may have been quicker than the 40 minutes I've just spent trying to pursuade someone in chat to cancel my account. Part of the problem with chat is it didn't like my mac. Wink Got it sorted finally though talking to someone from Plusnet, who had never heard of 4G broadband was a tad disconcerting. 

Thanks again for replying @Baldrick1 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi KarenFitz, I'm really sorry about the long waits you've experienced. Yes that's definitely a worry if a member of staff hasn't heard of 4G especially as we provide mobile services too so I will pass on some feedback about that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KarenFitz
Hooked

Hi Adam, it was 4G home broadband, but yes, I found it deeply concerning that he didn't know about it, especially as it looks like a very real (and fast) alternative to our appalling rural broadband speeds. I asked for a transscript of the chat to be emailed to me which hasn't appeared as yet, but if you can track it down you'll see for yourself. I use a mac & it wouldn't let me add a comment into the satisfaction survey when the chat ended, though it did let me add an email address. I've also got better things to do with 35/40 minutes than answer stupid questions when all I wanted was to cancel my account. Thanks for getting back to me though, that is appreciated. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, I'll definitely pass on some feedback about that and I'm sorry that the chat transcript wasn't sent over. I'll sort that out for you. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KarenFitz
Hooked

Thanks again Adam. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I've just added a copy of the chat transcript to your account for you, here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=197806224

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team