cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

mattprince
Grafter

Re: I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

Ok..

1: Plusnet have agreed to cancel this on Monday 30th August (my new line and new supplier is coming friday so don't need it after that)

2: The advisor I have just spoken to has taken the contract off (something the previous advisor said no manager in the land could do) so i will get no penalty.

3: I have been told as i am ceasing that i will get a refund of 11 days on my bill but will have to pay £30 for the cease. Not happy at this and will be reading up and finding out if thats legal. Perhaps Plusnet can remove this £30 cease charge off my bill for all the hassle, poor speeds, being lied to and spoken to like an enemy by the original advisor yesterday, being misquoted, slanderously might I add, in the support ticket.You record calls, i suggest you go and listen to them to backup my slander theory.

To summarise, The liars that i have spoken to at Plusnet recently goes to show why everybody i speak to put Plusnet in the same league as TalkTalk.

Matt

mattprince
Grafter

Re: I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

Th silence is deafening isnt it. Plenty of time for Plusnet to reply to my ticket or to this and not 1 single reply. Summarises the sheer contempt they have for their customers. Tomorrow can't come soon enough

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear it's been sorted via the account.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to waive the cease fee in this instance. I appreciate it may not have been simple as we would have all liked, and I do apologise for the way this was dealt with by the initial person you spoke to, but the cease fee would be applicable.

EDIT:

RE: the comments added between me opening the thread and hitting post on my reply. It does sometimes take time for posts/tickets to be picked up and responded to. Unfortunately everything is not always picked up as quick as we would hope to be able to respond.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

Thats fine. I wasn't expecting Plusnet to do anything for me in any instance as Plusnet don't give a damn about customers. When i get the final bill, I will pay it and then issue a small claims summons to get it back, plus any expenses i incur. My line of defence, i will keep to myself until the time comes that Plusnet try to defend it. 

Cya Smiley

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mattprince wrote:

I wasn't expecting Plusnet to do anything for me in any instance as Plusnet don't give a damn about customers.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.

However I was trying to help when I requested the email headers so I could look in to this further and even came back to the thread briefly after I had finished work yesterday, all in the interest of helping. But the ticket on your account had been picked up and responded to yesterday evening, and the main issue I was trying to help with yesterday in your query had been resolved via the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

The fact you and everybody else i have spoke to at Plusnet is the following..

I've had [-Censored-] speeds for ages. 

I've paid in full every month

I've paid full in month for shoddy speeds/service

I was lied to by the original advisor, spoken to like an enemy (go and listen to the phone call) and totally misquoted.

I have had to spend lots of time myself sorting this out, researching how to get my point across to make the advisor(s) realise that I am right.

The issues on the line have meant me wanting to get a brand new line and now im being punished for that  as Plusnet just shows a pretty graph and says "everything seems fine our end". Do you think people enjoy making up a fault????

The money isnt the issue here, its the principle. I feel wronged and will go to the small claims court to try and get my point across. 

Matt

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mattprince wrote:
I've had [-Censored-] speeds for ages. 

Looking at your account, the last fault raised with us on your account was back in December (27th) and closed in January (6th) following an engineer visit advising the speeds were around 65Mbps (Within the speed estimates)

@mattprince wrote:

I've paid full in month for shoddy speeds/service

As above, you don't seem to have raised a fault with us since December last year.

@mattprince wrote:

I was lied to by the original advisor

The advisor was going off of information on the account. I don't believe the intentionally lied when advising you the email was sent on 21/07/16. This was the information they had from your account.

@mattprince wrote:

I have had to spend lots of time myself sorting this out, researching how to get my point across to make the advisor(s) realise that I am right.

Had I been in the office when you asked what email headers were, I would have happily made more effort to explain how to get these, however I was unfortunately out of the office, after my shift had finished, responding on my phone and trying to help.

@mattprince wrote:

The issues on the line have meant me wanting to get a brand new line and now im being punished for that  as Plusnet just shows a pretty graph and says "everything seems fine our end".

The fact that you have decided to get a new line installed and have the Plusnet service ceased, as opposed to having the service transferred away would make the cease charge applicable. It is unfortunately out of our control that you chose to have the line ceased as opposed to migrated.

Going back to the last fault raised on your account on 27/12/16, I believe we advised the speed and stability of the connection was fine, confirmed by an engineer.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

Looking at your account, the last fault raised with us on your account was back in December (27th) and closed in January (6th) following an engineer visit advising the speeds were around 65Mbps (Within the speed estimates)

Thats not true. I created a thread on here in May of this year saying i was getting disconnected all the time. See here.. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Disconnected-25-times-a-day/td-p/1334314

The advisor was going off of information on the account. I don't believe the intentionally lied when advising you the email was sent on 21/07/16. This was the information they had from your account.

Really? So saying "theres isnt a manager in the land that can override this now. That is blatant lying.

The fact that you have decided to get a new line installed and have the Plusnet service ceased, as opposed to having the service transferred away would make the cease charge applicable. It is unfortunately out of our control that you chose to have the line ceased as opposed to migrated.

Going back to the last fault raised on your account on 27/12/16, I believe we advised the speed and stability of the connection was fine, confirmed by an engineer.

The engineer said nothing of the sort. He said we have REIN issues, whatever that means. He also did NOT say it was stable. He said "see how it goes". 

Its this constant misinformation, blatant lies that is turning customers away. Can you please reply to the ticket and send me a copy of the things I have asked for? I want to go to the small claims when i get the final bill as this back and forward achieves nothing.

Matt

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@mattprince wrote:
Thats not true. I created a thread on here in May

I was simply advising that you did not raise a fault via your account. Which, looking at the notes on your account, is correct. There have been no faults raised with us via your account since December 2015.

@mattprince wrote:
So saying "theres isnt a manager in the land that can override this now. That is blatant lying.

Saying a manager wouldn't waive early termination fees while still under the impression that the email was sent in excess of 30 days prior to having this conversation is a fair statement, as they shouldn't really.

Again, I appreciate you had said the email was received at a later date than documented and I agree it could have been handled better than it was.

mattprince wrote:

The engineer said nothing of the sort. He said we have REIN issues, whatever that means. He also did NOT say it was stable. He said "see how it goes". 

I can't advise on what the engineer may or may not have said to you in person, only what the notes said that we based our response on at the time.

@mattprince wrote:

Its this constant misinformation, blatant lies that is turning customers away.

I don't believe I have misinformed or lied to you.

mattprince wrote:Can you please reply to the ticket and send me a copy of the things I have asked for?

It looks like you're now trying to request a subject access request for the information held on your account. Unfortunately I can't provide what you have requested via the ticket.

More information on this can be found here under What are you rights?

You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you but we can charge a fee for providing this information. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please write to us at the following address:

Subject Access Request, Plusnet, The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU

The fee mentioned is £10.

I hope this helps.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

From one of your earlier threads:

@mattprince wrote:
I know it cant be the powerlines at fault as they have been in for ages and have always worked fine. I also took them to my parents house yesterday and connnected their PC, TV and an Xbox and they worked perfect all day.

The effects of using the powerline network adapters may depend on your electrical wiring, and the proximity of your telephone wiring to it. So using them in a different house doesn't ensure that they are not a problem in your house. Neither does the fact that they may have worked fine in the past indicate that they are still working fine now, nothing lasts forever. The only way to completely rule out the powerline network adapters would be to stop using them and unplug them.

mattprince
Grafter

The powerline adapters havent been used for a while now.

mattprince
Grafter

My new broadband and new line is being installed today. This is the speed ive come to this morning. Doubtful to be any congestion at this time of the day and still not anywhere near the advertised/promised/specified speeds im told im getting.

I suppose the pretty graph shows its all fine though

I will send my requst and pay the £10 to that address thanks. WIll get the £10 back in the courts anyway.