cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

mattprince
Grafter

I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

After being thoroughly fed up with the speeds/service, I was going to call and ask for it to be cancelled. As my luck is good these days, I have found an email that Plusnet sent me, sitting in my junk folder, saying that the price is going up by £1 and i can cancel without penalty if i dont agree. Well... I definitely cannot afford £1 more Roll_eyes so im sorry i want to cancel. I called and spoke to a lovely young man who treated me like the enemy from the off, which i have come to expect from Plusnet. I was told that i cannot cancel on that basis as i was sent the email on the 21st July 2016 which is over 30 days. Hang on a minute, it says on my email the 25th July 2016, which is UNDER 30 days. It also states in the terms, and i quote, "If, as a result of the changes in this email, you decided to terminate your affected service(s), you may do so without incurring any early termination charges that may otherwise be payable. If you wish to exercise this right you must contact us within 30 days of receiving this notification and give us 14 days notice."

Well, i actually received it 2 days ago when i found it in my junk folder, but lets not be picky. 25th July 2016 to today is 29 days. Under 30 days so I am well within my right to cancel on that basis. 

I would like somebody who has access and the rights to override the system as the young man on the phone said, and i quote, "no manager in the land can override the system", which i personally know to be absolute garbage.

I give Plusnet my 14 days notice from now and want it cancelling in them 14 days. If you try to charge me a penalty, I will pay it immediately, and also immediately go to Moneyclaim Online and file a small claims summons to recoup my costs and that penalty.

Thanks

Matt Prince

P.S The chap i spoke to [CSA Removed] has put a nice ticket together claiming that "I dont want to leave because of the £1 price increase". That literally says everything about Plusnet and how it actually does NOT listen to its customers.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

26 REPLIES 26
mattprince
Grafter

Re: I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

Please find screengrabs of my email, clearly showing the 25th July 2016 Smiley

I have removed it as it has my personal email address on it. Its here for anybody who wants to see it though Smiley

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: I want to cancel, here is my 14 days notice. Stop breaking the law and your terms.

You cannot cancel via a user forum. You need to phone & confirm in writing to be on safe side.

If call wait times bad, try chat.

mattprince
Grafter

Gel,

I have tried that. The advisor treated me like an enemy from the off. Would not listen to what i had to say. Kept saying that they sent it on teh 21st and the 30 days goes from then. That is not true. Plusnet are breaking the terms that they have created themselves. The advisor has created a ticket now so i have put this on there. Good Honest Broadband hey?

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@mattprince or mod , the attachment shows a personal email address in a public forum, you need to remove it from your image.

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mattprince
Grafter

ITWorks, I have removed it. I have sent it to that ticket the advisor has created though. Also its here if i do need it to get any money back.

Matt

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@mattprince you can put the image up just remove your personal address from it , as in a public forum , you could get spammed .

As you say you are with in your right to cancel as you are on your last day ( with 30 days) to cancel , what shocking service from the adviser, they obviously are unable to do basic maths. As you have pointed out the adviser saying know can override the system is totally untrue 

Hopefully one of the PN reps will be along tomorrow to sort this mess out for you tomorrow

Clearly some basic training needs to be given here PN 

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mattprince
Grafter

What a coincidence, it seems I'm not the only one who got his email later than the claimed time Plusnet had sent it. Please see this thread...https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Price-rise-email/td-p/1353368/page/2

I think an apology is in order for saying that I "claim it got to me on the 25th". I don't claim , its there in black and white.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @mattprince sorry to hear of the problems you've been having with this, by any chance could you PM me the email headers from the price increase email you received, so I can look in to this further.

Thanks.

EDIT: As Gel advised, we unfortunately wouldn't take cancellation requests via the community forums.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,

I have already emailed that to the support ticket, that has gone unanswered may I add and its now nearly 24 hours later. 

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

you can't email to a support ticket

To cancel you need to call customer options

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

There seems to be some confusion here. The comment on the ticket and the PM you sent me is a screenshot of the email, but could you please provide me with the headers from the email.

Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
mattprince
Grafter

What do you mean the headers?Huh

mattprince
Grafter

Ive just googled how to get the headers and i think ive done it right. I will PM it you now.

mattprince
Grafter

Oldjim,

Ive tried calling customer services. All i got was attitude and lies.

Matt