cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out!!!

oldfeller

I want out!!!

I joined Plusnet one day ago and I am already fed up with being misled, blanked and fobbed off about billing problems.  Every attempt I have made to get the billing problem resolved has been shunted aside with a string of pathetic excuses.  In brief, I signed up on 28 August and was asked to pay a fee for one month's service in advance and delivery of a router.  That was fine.  There were some problems with connection which were Plusnet's fault but they put them right and full service was provided.  Having paid in advance for service from 22 September to 21 October, and being told that my next payment would be taken on 22 October, I today received an email saying that they would take my September payment on 28 September, despite my having already paid it on 24 August!  I first spoke to an adviser on Chat, who told me that my initial payment was a one-off payment to join Plusnet and not a payment for service!  He was adamant and would not change his stance.  I have spent the rest of today (about 8 hours) trying to find someone at Plusnet who will listen to my problem and tell me what is going on, but without any success whatever.  By now I've had enough and just want to get out of Plusnet, but I can't even find out how to do that!!!  It's the worst customer website I've ever seen, apparently designed to keep customers at bay, so does anyone know how I can cancel my account without losing a lot more money?
3 REPLIES 3
Skynews2010
Dabbler

Re: I want out!!!

I would say if your past the cooling part ,u will have to pay a lot of money to get out of a 12/18 month contract
I remember my first payment was for the router ,but that was a one off payment
oldfeller

Thanks, SkyNews2010, but the router part of the advance bill was only £6.00.  The rest was claimed to be a "joining fee", which I object to because no other provider charges one.  I hope someone from Plusnet will come on and give me an explanation
oldfeller

At last a result, thanks to adviser James!  Contrary to what I was told on Chat, I did not pay a fee to join Plusnet.  The delayed startup date generated an erroneous account followed a week later by a correct account, so thanks to James, this has been revealed and corrected with a refund on its way.  As the broadband's not bad, I'll stick with Plusnet and hope they keep my account under control from now on..