cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want out, this is beyond a joke.

angryjim

I want out, this is beyond a joke.

I want to cancel my account with plus net ASAP and I do NOT want to have to pay for the privilege!!!

When I joined plus net the sign up process could not have been simpler, the lad I spoke to made a big show of how good everything was at plus net.

Then for an as yet unexplained reason my order was cancelled and then reinstated which delayed the arrival of my service for about a month ad a half. Once it was finally up and running it dropped out daily forcing us to login in to our account on the router itself (not the wifi) before we could use the internet.

We were never reimbursed for this period of non service.

It was during this time when I discovered the HUGE differential in call waiting times for the number you call to set up with plus net and the number you call if you actually need help with anything.

Call waiting times currently at 30 minutes. Pathetic and unacceptable in this day and age.

Another thing that was helpfully neglected when I signed up was the extortionate call tariffs (no I do not want to 'upgrade' ate extra cost) charged for calling mobiles and landlines, along with the cap on calls completely!! Just bizarre on a landline. The kick in the teeth was being charged when I'd reached my cap too, loved that one.

Lastly, we have a budgeting account that the bills get paid from. you guys are supposed to take your blood money on the 8th of every month, this is no longer the case so when you tried to take money out on the 13th it wasn't there oddly. the first w knew the bill had not been paid was by email on the 15th with a threat to restrict our service. I don't check my email every day and the bill was paid on the 16th with the message it can take 3-5 working days to process the payment. and yet today my connection keeps dropping out and we are getting the message (sometimes!!) that as payment has not been received my account has been de-activated.

I have had enough of plus net, promise the world but the reality is just woeful.

I don't believe that I was made fully aware of the package that was sold to me and would like to cancel my account if possible. I also don't want to pay the escape tax you tie people into, pretty unfair when you dupe people into becoming a customer I the first place...

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: I want out, this is beyond a joke.

Hi there,

I am very sorry to hear you would like to leave us.

Then for an as yet unexplained reason my order was cancelled and then reinstated which delayed the arrival of my service for about a month ad a half. Once it was finally up and running it dropped out daily forcing us to login in to our account on the router itself (not the wifi) before we could use the internet.

We were never reimbursed for this period of non service.

From what I can see, the initial order we placed with our suppliers failed automatically because the broadband order didn't match up with the phone order.

This can happen from time to time, as simultaneous orders go through stages to progress through the BT Wholesale systems. It looks like we promptly picked up on this, and replaced the order which went live on the day we said.

As your account activated on the day the order completed, the billing is correct. You wouldn't have been charged for the period before your account went live. The initial fee you pay us essentially begins from when the account is activated.

It was during this time when I discovered the HUGE differential in call waiting times for the number you call to set up with plus net and the number you call if you actually need help with anything.

Call waiting times currently at 30 minutes. Pathetic and unacceptable in this day and age.

Whilst I appreciate the call queues are certainly less than ideal (and in some cases I'd go as far as saying unacceptable), we are committed to making improvements.

We've recently been through changes to our staffing model, and heavily recruiting & training new advisers. We're beginning to see the benefits of this as the wait time for Technical Support is currently 2 minutes. I've seen it drop down to 0 for long periods of time. I appreciate it's not like that consistently, this is something we're working on.

Another thing that was helpfully neglected when I signed up was the extortionate call tariffs (no I do not want to 'upgrade' ate extra cost) charged for calling mobiles and landlines, along with the cap on calls completely!! Just bizarre on a landline. The kick in the teeth was being charged when I'd reached my cap too, loved that one.

We don't believe in hiding things from our customers. Our call tariffs can be found on our website here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/ It's also in the Here's the legal bit at the bottom of www.plus.net

Lastly, we have a budgeting account that the bills get paid from. you guys are supposed to take your blood money on the 8th of every month, this is no longer the case so when you tried to take money out on the 13th it wasn't there oddly. the first w knew the bill had not been paid was by email on the 15th with a threat to restrict our service. I don't check my email every day and the bill was paid on the 16th with the message it can take 3-5 working days to process the payment. and yet today my connection keeps dropping out and we are getting the message (sometimes!!) that as payment has not been received my account has been de-activated.

I have had enough of plus net, promise the world but the reality is just woeful.

Your invoice date is the 8th of each month. If you're bill is paid by direct debit, then we have to provide you with a mandatory advance notice period. So, your bill would start to leave your bank or building society 3 working days after your invoice is generated. It can unfortunately take between 5 to 7 working days for this to be processed.

If you would like your bill to be taken on your bill date, I'd recommend paying by a debit or credit card. (Note that there'll be a non direct debit surcharge of £1.50 if you choose to pay this way).

I don't believe that I was made fully aware of the package that was sold to me and would like to cancel my account if possible. I also don't want to pay the escape tax you tie people into, pretty unfair when you dupe people into becoming a customer I the first place...

If you would like to discuss cancellation, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting Option 1, then Option 2).

At the time of writing this, there is no wait time to get through to them and they are here until 8pm. It's very likely an early termination fee will be applied though as from what I can see we've held to our side of the contract.

I hope this helps clarify things, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet