Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think BT are trying to reclaim my account

asdfghjkl
Grafter

I think BT are trying to reclaim my account

Hi.
I placed my order with Plusnet for the Fibre+ and phone package in late august.  I gave BT the required notice (my contract ended 26 Sep).  Fibre was activated on Sep 12th.  The phone was switched to Plusnet on Sep 26th.  All good.  I thought I'd seen the back of BT.  Great!
However, I received an email at 4:20am this morning from BT saying "Thank you for your order!" claiming I'd ordered BT Option 1 Broadband and they are going to take the line over today, and saying it will happen before midnight.
I am now unable to contact BT.
I don't know why this has happened.  I have absolutely NOT placed an order with BT and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't switch the internet over that quickly if I had.
If BT try to take over the line is there any way Plusnet can stop them?
I'm just worried I'm going to lose access to my Plusnet service today because of this.  I'm still trying to contact BT but I'll update here if I get to the bottom of this.
3 REPLIES
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Re: I think BT are trying to reclaim my account

I finally got hold of someone.
They are saying it's Plusnet's fault for "not closing off the order".
Apparently when I ordered Plusnet's services in August and order is generated and you're supposed to close it off when complete.
If you don't do this, an order for basic broadband is automatically made with BT to "protect me".
It sounds like a load of bull to be honest, but figured I'd follow up with the info.
Hopefully they will not try to snatch back my internet from Plusnet today but I'm not hopeful.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Den Guv,
Thanks for taking my call this morning.
As per our conversation I'm sorry for any confusion caused by this.  I can confirm that there's no request to move your broadband away from us nor your phone line for that matter. I'm glad to hear that after contacting BT they've put things right again.
If you have any queries in the future don't hesitate to get back in touch! Smiley
asdfghjkl
Grafter

Thank you so much!  You really put my mind at rest, particularly by explaining the transition procedure and how it would have prevented this from happening anyway.
I've been rather ill over the weekend with neurological symptoms relating to some surgery I had some time ago, and this was really the last thing I needed from BT today.  Thank you again anyway. Smiley