cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid my final bill and they are asking for more

apharding5

I paid my final bill and they are asking for more

I contacted plus net customer service over a month ago to close my account and I was informed via live chat that I had a single bill to pay then we'd be settled and I could then get on with my life. 

I obliged, and was sure that was the end of the matter.

Now after ages they send me a number of emails regarding the 'account closure' with ANOTHER demand for money. I haven't used this service for way over a month now - I am not even at the residence.

Leaving this company has been ridiculous. Non existent customer service - and now unfair billing for no reason.

Just sort it out.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I paid my final bill and they are asking for more

Is the bill for call charges? If so they may be calls from before you moved the phone away that hadn't been logged against your account when you left.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
apharding5

Hi Jelv - Thanks for the reply, sadly not i'm afraid - I didn't have any phone installed at the property for the duration.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @apharading5

It looks like when the cancellation ticket was initially generated, there was an outstanding amount on the account. I can only assume that the person who closed your account had not checked this thoroughly enough to see that the payment had actually since been made, when they finalised the closure of your account.

I understand this has since been resolved, however I do apologise for any inconvenience/concern this has caused and feedback will be passed on where appropriate.

All the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet