cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

CarolynG
Dabbler

Re: I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

Thanks @Gandalf , I'm not definite about moving yet, it will probably boil down to what's on offer at the time!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problem, let us know if there is anything you need help with

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rhardwick
Hooked

Is anyone else, who has this misuse of LRS payment problem, also having trouble accessing their billing via the website?

Each time I try to access "Billing" I get

"Sorry, we are not able to complete this request at the moment, please try again later." error message.

Clicking on "My Calls" results in the same error message.

I've raised this on my (by now several yards long) Support "Question", and tried using lots of different browsers on Win 10 machines plus Android as well as IOS - but the result is always the same.

Is it just me, for are there others here in the same boat?

RichT
Grafter

I have the same LRS payment problem, but accessing my bills is working for me.

CarolynG
Dabbler

@rhardwick  Billing was working fine for me last night - unfortunately Community wasn't, so I coudn't reply at the time!

rhardwick
Hooked

Thanks for the replies.

It's just me they're getting at <tic>

rippedoffme
Grafter

Me too; but as PN don't seem bothered, why should I?

How many back months can they charge for their errors? I remember a previous PN post that said "they would never charge more than 3 months". That person is probably working elsewhere now!

AJ

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@rippedoffme Yes I recall seeing that post but I think it referred to accounts where billing had been suspended due to issues with the billing system and not specifically to this LRS issue. Splitting hairs possibly but we do not have a definitive PN statement about how they will deal with the debt building up because of this LRS credit problem. I think we deserve to have that statement.

As my LRS issue has been ongoing for 5 months now with no resolution date in sight, I am beginning to wonder what will happen once the LRS comes up for renewal. I have little faith that PN will have a solution in the next six months or so given that this is the second year that I have been affected and other problems are now starting to be seen on my account. Will we be able to renew or will we be disadvantaged in that we cannot take out LRS with its attendant line rental saving?

rippedoffme
Grafter

Suggest they cancel all problem accounts and start afresh with enhanced 'New customer' prices, with no loss of services or debt collectors threats.

AJ

Mook
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 9

In theory that sounds like a good idea, but as we don't know the true extent of the billing issues it could represent a lot of money. Equally, it may be more cost effective in the long run to write off these accounts and start from scratch versus the cost of the fire fighting especially if the billing system 'just works' for what would be new accounts.

rhardwick
Hooked

"As my LRS issue has been ongoing for 5 months now with no resolution date in sight, I am beginning to wonder what will happen once the LRS comes up for renewal. I have little faith that PN will have a solution in the next six months or so given that this is the second year that I have been affected and other problems are now starting to be seen on my account. Will we be able to renew or will we be disadvantaged in that we cannot take out LRS with its attendant line rental saving?"

What I predict will happen is that. once your LRS payment is used up, you may well be 'allowed' to renew it BUT that will be at the current rate and not the lower rate which was in place when I and you last paid for LRS.

Of course, there's no telling what Plusnet will do with your LRS payment.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@rhardwick 

If that is the case and assuming that Plusnet still offer / operate the LRS system at all at that time, that would be a breach of contract under the terms of their fixed rate contracts. I have at least two statements on different tickets and on a post on these forums advising exactly how LRS operates under the fixed rate system and those statements say explicitly that LRS is renewable at the rate applicable when the fixed rate contract was entered into.

But we shall see. Let Plusnet concentrate on getting their systems working correctly!