Did you mean: 

I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

Hi @rhardwick

Thanks for highlighting this- I've now taken ownership of your open complaint ticket here and provided a further update accordingly.

Best wishes

Dave

LynnB
Dabbler

I had this problem last year and I can't believe it has happened again!

I paid for LRS in October and phoned Plusnet on 9 December when I noticed that no direct debit was claimed in November as the LRS payment had just been credited to my account.  The person I spoke to raised ticket number 196928087 but this has been closed automatically and I have heard nothing.  Can you please confirm that this is still being looked at and will be resolved soon.  Some assurance that it won't happen again next year would be good too.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @LynnB,

Sorry you've been affected buy this again. It is being looked into but it's nothing we can fix from a support perspective, as it's awaiting development time to rectify the issues. We'd also hope that this absolutely won't happen again next yet. Just to assure you the LRS is added to your account so you won't start getting billed for line rental or anything. 

leander5690

This is still going on, after a long time. My monthly payments haven't been taken from my bank account, but from my advance line rental saver. When that runs out, will my service be terminated?

MrC
Grafter

Don't hold your breath for a fix for this. We've now got fed up with the lack of response from PN and are moving to Vodafone. Pity as the basic service is great but the back end administration is a total shambles.

leander5690

I see that this has been going on, for over a year. As plusnet is owned by BT, I would have expected BT to step in, and get it sorted. Ofcom don't appear to have an option to deal with this, so I've contacted my MP. However, I'm not holding my breath. It will be interesting to see what happens, in July, when my line rental advance will have run out; probably disconnection, due to supposed non-payment.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @leander5690,

I'm sorry to hear that you've been affected by this issue. I've reviewed your account and raised a response via a ticket, which can be viewed here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
MP73

The same thing has also happened to me.  When I renewed my LRS in 2018, my monthly direct debits started to be taken from my payment.  I contacted Plusnet and it was rectified straight away.  Fast forward a year and it went wrong again and 5 months later there seems to be no resolution.  I've tried live chat, opening questions, I've been polite (and also sarcastic!!) and I'm really starting to lose my patience.  When (or if!) it is ever sorted out, I suspect they will want all the money that I owe in one go...?  I am putting it to one side but financial circumstances mean I cannot be certain it will be there when they finally get it sorted out.  I need to have my bills paid on time so this is causing me some anxiety.

I have never had any problems with Plusnet before but I'm getting sick of being fobbed off and "thanked for my patience".

Rant over....!!!

PowerLee
Pro
Fixes: 2

Another one here - I have active line rental saver until 19th April 2020 but its stopped being applied & I'm now been charged line rental so I'm not happy.

Live chat is currently offline & no facility to email Plusnet.

Even the online account portal is dumbed down to how it used to be in the old days.
rhardwick
Hooked

Enough is enough.

This defect has been going on since (roughly) September of 2018 and nothing has been done to fix it.

Running down the LRS payments and then charging full monthly line rental fees is simply not acceptable.

It's pointless for me to complain any further to the support staff here, since it's evident that they have no power to act.

Within the Plusnet organisation, who must I contact in order escalate this matter?

CarolynG
Dabbler

So...to those people whose LRS has expired (or is about to expire) - are you saying that you haven't received any email inviting you to renew your LRS, and that PN have just started charging you the monthly LR without so much as a by your leave?

Mine expires mid-Jun, so if that's the case then I might just pay it for a few months until the broadband contract expires in mid-Oct, and then defect to Vodafone or whoever.

TIA

agombar

My LRS expires at the end of May and I received an email today inviting me to renew.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your post @MP73 I'm sorry for the concern we've caused. I've added a reply to your support ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196670801 which I hope helps.

Thanks for your post @PowerLee I'm sorry to see we've charged you line rental when you've paid line rental saver. I've got a refund issued now and corrected this moving forward creating a ticket on your account you can view Here.

With regards to your online account while it looks a bit different, the majority of the features are still there. Could I ask what you're looking for? We're always interested in feedback to improve the usability of our site.

Thanks for your post @rhardwick Apologies for the concern. I've added a reply onto your ticket: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=196595084 which I again hope helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CarolynG
Dabbler

@agombar thanks for your reply. Since realised that although I'd paid the LRS in June, it actually doesn't expire until Aug so that'll be less time paying the monthly line rental until I can move providers in October.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for your posts @CarolynG 

Is there anything I'd be able to help with to keep you as a customer following your contract term ending?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet