cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

pgpnw
Hooked

I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

I've been with Plusnet for just over 3 years now, and I've always used the Line Rental Saver option.

I made my most recent advance payment for Line Rental Saver on 13/11/2018.

I've just realised that Plusnet have not taken any monthly DD payments for the last two months (Dec 2018 & Jan 2019).

I logged into my account to check my bills, and can see that for those two months, the bills both included £15.99 Unlimited Fibre charge, and the standard £18.99 line rental charge (i.e. the Line Rental Saver hasn't been applied). The money for those bills has been taken from the £197.88 credit resulting from my advance Line Rental Saver payment, instead of being taken by DD.

41 REPLIES 41
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: I paid for Line Rental Saver, but it hasn't been applied to my account

@pgpnw

Same thing happened to me last year and only discovered it when I got a bill for £ 58.

They had deducted my monthly payments from my line rental for 3 months hence the £ 58 bill.

As you know PN are having a number of billing issues as you can see from comments on the forum.

I can understand that issues can arise after a new system is introduced but what I cannot understand is the length of time it is taking to sort this out as it must have been going on for at least 4 months.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

I had the same issue but, in my case, as well as being applied as a credit to my account, the LRS payment also triggered the renewal of the LRS itself. I had 2 months where I had no bill to pay because of this but, after some prodding via these forums and via tickets on my account, Plusnet did eventually make an adjustment to my account so that I then got three months charges at once and now, the following month, seem to be back to the correct monthly bill. 

Yes, the chaos of the new billing system has been going on far too long as it is now five months and counting (my first issues started in early September, although these several issues now appear to be fixed) and there are still multiple posts on these forums from (dis)affected customers.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I've discussed this with a colleague from our implementation team and I've been advised that your account is affected by a known issue affecting a small number of customers where line rental saver isn't showing correctly.

We're aware that it's affecting you and we're working to fix this as soon as we can.

Apologies for the issues and any inconvenience this may cause.

Feel free to let us know over here if you have any further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

@Gandalf

On a more general note can you give some sort of indication when the issue of billing issues will finally be resolved ?

Hardly a day goes by that someone is posting a problem on these forums regarding billing issues and in some cases moving to a alternative supplier.

Yes we know the problems are due to a new billing system having been introduced but 5 months later and the problems persist ?

As a wizard you must know the answer to the above....perhaps even the power to fix it ?

Smiley

We are born into history and history is born into us.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @gleneagles,

I'm afraid we don't have a timescale just yet but we are working on developing a fix for the ongoing line rental saver issue. Fixes for other billing issues are been rolled out all the time.

I do appreciate your continued patience with us during this time. Please do let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

pgpnw
Hooked

I'm just bumping this thread to add that the two bills (for February & March) that I've had since I first posted here still have the same problem.

My next bill is due on the 9th April, and assuming the problem hasn't been fixed, it will be the last bill covered by the incorrect credit resulting from the Line Rental Saver payment I made in November.

Assuming the issue continues after that, what can I expect to happen? Will Plusnet start taking Direct Debits again?

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @pgpnw

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry that your account is still being affected.

I have responded via a ticket on your account with further detail on your issue. You can view these details here

If you have any questions feel free to get in touch

CarolynG
Dabbler

This is happening to me too... renewed my LRS in June, and the £197.88 paid for that is being reduced every month (Jul, Aug, Sep - so far) by the cost of my broadband.  So it's still going on, many months later.

Thankfully I'm not being charged monthly line rental as well, or I'd be REALLY p'd off Wink

Can you (Plusnet) please provide some indication of when (or if) this is going to get sorted?

Cheers Smiley

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @CarolynG

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear that your invoices aren't appearing correctly as of yet, I appreciate this must be frustrating.

I am sorry but currently we are not able to provide you with specific details on when this will be resolved, the issue is dealt with by our offline incident Management Team who are working to resolve this as quickly as they can.

I do apologise that we are unable to provide specifics.

MrC
Grafter

And yet another - just noticed that we hadn't been billed since Oct '19 and sure enough our line rental saver has been applied against our normal bill. Have raised a ticket for it and am now waiting for resolution.

The really annoying thing is that this happened last time we renewed LRS in 2018. What with our line being regraded under us we've had enough of Plusnet's admin issues - shame really as the basic broadband product is rock solid Sad

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MrC,

I'm very sorry that you have been affected by this issue and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. As you've raised a ticket about this, this should already be being looked into but we can check this from here and make sure that the ticket has gone to the correct team, if you'd like? If so, please send me your account username over on a private message and then drop us another message on here so that we can make sure this is picked back up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
agombar

I'm having this problem too. 

I've tried to use the webchat facility to talk to the help desk, but last night I just got stuck in the queue at #1 for half an hour before giving up. 

Today the webchat facility doesn't even seem to be available - all grayed out for me.

Is there a secret method of raising an email ticket?

thanks, John

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @agombar I'm sorry to see your line rental saver payment hasn't been applied to your account. I'm getting this sorted out for you and I've added a reply to a support ticket on your account you'll be able to view and reply to by going Here. Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rhardwick
Hooked

As Gleneagles said, almost 12 months ago.

"As you know PN are having a number of billing issues as you can see from comments on the forum.

I can understand that issues can arise after a new system is introduced but what I cannot understand is the length of time it is taking to sort this out as it must have been going on for at least 4 months."

Can I wish PlusNet an unhappy birthday on this topic? 

I paid for LRS in mid October last year, raised the error in November, and the "Question" just gets kicked down the road without any action being taken to fix the problem.

I've been with Plusnet since 2003 and always thought they were good at sorting out problems.  Clearly, I was wrong.