cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no help

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Help phoneline open hours

You’d probably need to get to the router to find the login details you need for the router admin pages anyway I’m afraid Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Stevie65
Grafter

Why does it have to be so difficult? I'm trying to PAY an overdue amount, I receive some disability and it's payment date changed and my direct debit failed. Surely if I'm paying the overdue amount from the same bank account that should be sufficient? I obviously have the security details of the bank account and they have those details because it's my direct debit. Or they could give me their account details and I could make a direct payment via my on line banking with my name as reference and they can check that.  Why is there absolutely no flexibility here? I was told by on line chat that they can send me the username and password to a plus net email address - I don't have one - I said that could they send it in a letter to my registered home address and they said it's against data protection law. I know that it's not against data protection if it is sent to the registered account holder's home address that is more secure under data protection law than sending to an email. It can be done they just can't be bothered to do it. I asked the on line chat help what can you do for me if I don't have a username and they said we can ask other security questions so I said okay what are they. The answer was - what's your username. Can you understand how frustrating this is. I have never had such unhelpful customer service and I used to be a customer services manager for a large financial organisation so I understand how data protection and things like that work. We used to operate with a reference number but always had back up security questions if a customer couldn't remember their reference number and if all else failed we could send them the information via post to their registered home address, there is absolutely no desire to help. I phoned them and to be fair the customer services agent I originally spoke to was at least pleasant if not unhelpful, I said to him that as he couldn't help me (he obviously had limitations to what he could do) could he put me through to a Manager. The Manager was absolutely rude and when I said the only alternative to getting back on line would be another provider he said go on then. Then he told me that he would take payment but couldn't say that the money would go to the right account and he was quite smirky about it. That is just abhorrent to me that someone would talk to you in that way.

Stevie65
Grafter

I have all the router details for logging in to my broadband on the plus net credit card looking thing though. The router has the same information on it doesn't it? I have someone coming round in a minute so when I get to the router what am I looking for on it please?

Stevie65
Grafter

dvorak I have someone here now and I'm getting to the router. What information do I need from it? Is it printed on the router? 

Stevie65
Grafter

Okay so I got someone to come round and we moved furniture and got to the router and there is no information on the router whatsoever. However, he said the information to the router admin is the information on the white plastic card that I have so that's added another frustrated hour to the whole debacle for me. I have the router admin information so what do i do with it please

Stevie65
Grafter

Re: I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no

right I have my router address and password and I've got to the router page but someone told me to check on the admin page and I don't see any links to an admin page it just has links to change the connections. Can someone guide me with any help from here

Stevie65
Grafter

i have accessed my router page but there is no links to an admin page. There are links and I've clicked on them all but can't find any username it just says admin on everything so can someone please help with this bit

Stevie65
Grafter

dvorak I've done that. I'm on the router web pages. What do I do to find my plusnet username and password from there please

dvorak

Re: I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no

What does your router look like?
Any of these?
https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-setup-guides/
Customer / Moderator
Stevie65
Grafter

I'm on the admin pages now. The only username throughout the whole admin pages is admin. It says you can't change the username only plusnet can do that but I can change the password. The password is the same as on my plastic card so I wouldn't want to do that. Just on the off chance I've tried logging into to plusnet with those details and it won't have it. So someone said if I can access these pages I can get to the username and I've accessed the pages now I need help finding the username. I don't see the relevance to what my router looks like as I've got the information and I'm on the web page for the router and I'm accessing the details on line so it doesn't matter surely what the router looks like now?

I was told if I got onto the router admin pages I could access my username and password. I'm on the router pages. Where do I find my username and password? can someone please help with this bit now

Stevie65
Grafter

My router is the third one along on that picture there is also a BT hug router in there too 

Stevie65
Grafter

Here is a question for plusnet.

I found this information (not helpful)

You chose your Account Username and Password when you signed up. You'll need them to log in to the Plusnet website.

For a reminder of your Account Username, check the emails we sent after you signed up, or your welcome letter. If you can't find or access these, please use the Help Assistant to contact our Support Team.

WHEN I USE THE HELP ASSISTANT AND TELL THEM I CAN'T FIND OR ACCESS THESE THEY SAY THEY CAN'T HELP. WHAT IS THE ******* POINT OF THAT 

dvorak

If you look at ‘having problems’ here it tells you how to manually enter your username - this should already be filled in for you and the is the info you need.

https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/router-reconnect/
Customer / Moderator
Stevie65
Grafter

AAAAARRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I know you are trying to help and I do appreciate it but that is no help at all. That just tells me ow to connect my internet using admin and the password that is on my white card and has NOTHING about a user name and password. the user name and password it is referring to is the one on my card and the one you use to connect to the internet - i.e. admin and the password. IT IS NOT THE USERNAME AND PASSWORD FOR PLUS NET ACCOUNT DETAILS

Why is this so [-Censored-] difficult

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

dvorak

You use your account user name to connect to the internet, what I have hinted at is how to find this in your router.

That you haven’t kept correspondence with Plusnet that also contains your username isn’t anyone else’s fault.
Customer / Moderator