cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no help

Stevie65
Grafter

I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no help

I'm really struggling and very upset. I had a returned direct debit and I work from home and it keeps going to failed billing plus net page when I'm trying to access my working websites.

I phoned them up to make payment but I don't have my username and password. To be honest I've been with plusnet since about 2013 and never used a landline with them and never done anything except pay the bill monthly by direct debit and it's never been an issue until now. I phoned and they refused to do anything or help me recover my user name and password. I tried on line chat help and they refused.

I asked for a letter to be sent to my registered home address with the details on or if they could just call for the payment again and they won't help me. I can't see any alternative at the moment but change provider if plusnet refuse to take the payment as it was due on 13th and they will probably cut off all service soon. It's mad, I just want to pay the bill. 

43 REPLIES 43
Stevie65
Grafter

Re: Help phoneline open hours

I've been on the phone three times today and used webchat twice. I don't know my username and password - I've been with you since 2013 and never used them and never had any letters or emails at least not recently and I just pay by direct debit. I need to pay an overdue bill from a returned direct debit and I've explained I don't know my username and password and all I'm getting is that you can't take payment without my username and password.

What help do you offer someone who doesn't have their username and password? None in the four hours I've spent trying to get some. Can you tell me any different?  In the end I said I shall have to change provider and all i got was - that's up to you then.

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

@Stevie65  Your username is the one you are using on this forum.....  

If you are not "registered" then you need to do that...   when you do that... you choose a username, and you also choose your password...

Once you have "registered"   you can "login" using your username and password....   if you forget your password, there is usually a box saying " Forgot your password"   where you will be sent a new one to temp log in, and change it for one you can remember.

Hope that helps.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no

Surely you have a note of your USERNAME somewhere?; didn't you keep a copy of the e mail from
PN when you opened your account either on your e mail programme, or in printed form.
Check your router log in details via router admin page. Also if you use their e mail service, info should
be there in your e mail programme. Nevertheless PN should be able to help you with that if they
have your phone number, which they obviously do.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: I need help - returned direct debit and plusnet won't let me pay as I don't know my username no

If you have a Plusnet email address your username is part of it (in between the '@' and '.plus.com')

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Posts merged from same op across two topics into one.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Stevie65
Grafter

I don't have a plusnet email address. I have medical issues and I'm disabled and I have had this service since 2013 I don't have any paperwork and never receive any letters. I don't have a note of my username if I did I wouldn't need help. Why can't plusnet help by sending this to my registered home address?

I have said I don't have my username, I've searched everywhere and I have nothing so to keep being asked "do you have your username" over and again in five hours of conversation on the phone and now on here is just not helpful but very frustrating

Stevie65
Grafter

I've never had a plus net email address

Stevie65
Grafter

I posted in the other place too because it seemed relevant and I'm trying hard here to get some actual help to pay a bill. I can't believe in this day and age that I can't pay a bill if I don't have a username. I am going to contact other providers today and cancel my direct debits to plusnet and I bet they will find a way to write to me to get the money owed after that

Stevie65
Grafter

Can you tell me how to get on the router admin page please? Will I need my username to do that? I can't access anything on line without the username so far. I have the router information and passwords to the broadband that's all I use on the card I was given and that's all I have.

Stevie65
Grafter

They won't help. No username no help.

Stevie65
Grafter

My username is NOT the one I'm using on this forum. I just registered on this forum and set that username up and it's not tied to any account at all. 

Stevie65
Grafter

I've tried using this username that I registered on this forum and it says there is no such username. This forum must be separate to everything else. Thanks for the suggestion though. 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If you log into your router admin web page the username is the first part of the connection user name before @plusxx

Which router do you have?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Stevie65
Grafter

I don't know what router I have I will have to go and check. I use a laptop on wifi and my router is behind some furniture so I will have to move everything to get to it. Is there anyway I can find that information via my laptop. I thought it might be an internet connection page or something. I have to wait for someone to come round to help me move the furniture to get to the router.