Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a landline phone bill which actually shows my landline number

harryw66
Grafter

I need a landline phone bill which actually shows my landline number

Hi,
My local council requires a landline phone bill which shows the landline number for a school application.
Unfortunately, the PlusNet online bill does not show this basic information. I have taken a screen grab of the Account Summary web-page but I suspect this will not suffice.
How do I go about getting a landline bill which shows my home phone number?
PlusNet is the first landline provider I have been with which does not show this basic information on their bill (and I have been with several).
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: I need a landline phone bill which actually shows my landline number

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible with PN - There have been calls for a PDF version of a real bill in the past rather than just the itemisation on the website
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103032.0.html
Best of luck with the school application Smiley  It does seem that your local council are in the dark ages if they want to see phone details to (presumably) prove you're in the correct area! 
harryw66
Grafter

School applications for this catchment are very high and there have been some fraudulent applications in recent years - including a prosecution of one parent - hence the overkill on part of our council!
This is rather a poor showing on the part of PlusNet - I mean how had can it be to change the bill format to show the home number - if you have a landline with them?
dick:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does a phone bill with the number prove? The line I use for business calls has an 01273 prefix yet I live in Wiltshire.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
harryw66
Grafter

Agreed - but tell that to my council - because what they want is all that matters right now.
TooManyPies
Grafter

Would a print of the account summary page on the home phone control panel not do?
harryw66
Grafter

That is what I went with in the end. But not sure if they are going to accept it.
Bottom line is that I cannot understand why PlusNet cannot show this information on their standard bill - and for that matter improve the look of their online bill - it looks like some basic HTML output from 10 years ago - that could easily be faked in a few minutes....
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
What does a phone bill with the number prove? The line I use for business calls has an 01273 prefix yet I live in Wiltshire.

BT landline can't be ported hence why you can look at which exchange/street cabinet you on use the telephone number.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Sorry, I'm genuinely struggling to understand the relevance of that post. Who said anything about my 01273 number being a BT landline?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)