cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a big mistake

denissimo
Hooked

I made a big mistake

I made a big mistake by signing up with Plusnet last week.

After I signed up, a relative told me I had made a big mistake. They said they used to be a Plusnet customer, but left after being told constant lies.. He told me to read the reviews on Trustpilot, and to cancel straight.away. 

I cancelled over the phone within 12 hours of signing up, and I was promised that a refund of £38 was issued and I would have it it in 3 to 5 days.

8 days later and after not receiving the refund, I phoned up Plusnet..I was on the phone for over 2 hours. I spoke to 4 different people and put on hold 3 times for half an hour.

The first 2 people I spoke to, told me a blatant lie in that the refund was issued,and the 3rd person hadn't got a clue and passed me onto the 4th person.

The 4th person confirmed that the first 2 people I had spoken to had lied to me, by telling me that the refund had NOT been issued, and used the excuse of technical difficulties and said they would send a cheque instead in 10 days time!!

I refused a cheque, but he told me that I had no option.

I then received an email saying a cheque would be sent within 21 days! What a complete joke!

I have been in touch with Ofcom and my card issuer, and both have told me to get back in touch when the cheque doesn't arrive after 10 days, and they will both take matters further. Ofcom also told me they have received thousands of complaints about Plusnet and my own problem is extremely common. They also told me I will not see a cheque during this millennium.

I have attached 3 files which are the 3 separate dated messaged received from Plusnet..Which person is telling the truth? None of them according to Ofcom and Trustpilot.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed from attachments (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

9 REPLIES 9
SmithersJones
Dabbler

Re: I made a big mistake

Im in exactly the same situation, still waiting for a refund over 2 weeks after cancelling.

The big mistake i made was paying line rental saver upfront too, so im owed £210.

Keep being told 5 days, 7 days, etc.

Terrible.

denissimo
Hooked

Get in touch with your card issuer straight away and initiate a charge back, plus get in touch with Ofcom as well..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post removed.

denissimo
Hooked

I don't understand your meaning!

Anonymous
Not applicable

My mistake @denissimo, apologies.

denissimo
Hooked

I almost forgot, when you cancel your order with Plusnet, do remember to cancel the direct debit you set up with your bank.

Ofcom warned me that plusnet, and their related company Origin Broadband have a nasty habit of still charging you monthly even though you have cancelled, and getting refunds for this is also nigh on impossible.

A1
Hooked

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @denissimo

I am really sorry too learn about the issues you have experienced with us so far in particular the delays in getting your refund actioned and for the way this matter has been handled by previous advisors.

As this query relates to account specific information I have responded via a ticket on your account here

Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

denissimo
Hooked

Has already been said on your Facebook page

Basically, you can stick your cheque where the sun don't shine..21 days to send a cheque out is clearly TAKING THE [-Censored-]...Yes I am angry and I have every right to be angry after being lied to..I want the refund to be sent back to me in the same way that I was robbed by you..TO MY CARD!..Ofcom told me on the phone yesterday, that you often use the technical issues excuse for delaying refunds..

If you don't like it, take it up with Ofcom, as I'm sure they will be happy to hear from you! 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.