cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm literally being hounded for money by a debt collector for a bill I do not owe Plusnet

Caypol
Hooked

I'm literally being hounded for money by a debt collector for a bill I do not owe Plusnet

I decided to go with Plusnet in my last property, I paid the years bill up front and made it clear I would not need the service at the end of the year because I was moving. I then received a bill from Plusnet for a cancellation charge, I queried this and they waived the charge and I have the email to confirm this.  I am now literally being hounded by a debt collector called  - Pastdue Credit Solutions on behalf of Plusnet. I have sent them the email confirming I don't owe Plusnet the money but they have told me i have share my current address (something to do with data protection) in order for them to investigate further!!  I have told them I will not be sharing my address and why the hell should I when they have the proof I do not owe the money. I'm so sick of it! I wouldn't mind but the new tenant went with Plusnet so there has not been a break in service!! 

16 REPLIES 16
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: I'm literally being hounded for money by a debt collector for a bill I do not owe Plusnet

Thanks for your post @Caypol 

I'm sorry to see there's confusion regarding your final bill. I've just looked into this for you and added a reply to a support ticket you'll be able view by logging into the account and going Here. Happy to call you back if it's easier?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

Re: I'm literally being hounded for money by a debt collector for a bill I do not owe Plusnet

So, here’s the latest hilarious reason the underhanded crooked debt collectors BT/Plusnet use are hounding me. According to plusnet it’s not a cancellation charge but for usage. How can I owe the 34.54 when I have an email from Plusnet yes, Plusnet to say I don’t owe it!! Give me an email address so I can send it to you!!! The other thing is how the hell can I owe you for usage when I paid a year upfront and told you I was leaving the property at the end of the year!! This really is embarrassing for you!! Like I say give me an email address and I will send you your email telling me I do not owe the 34.54!!! I’m so angry right now!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to us @Caypol 

While I'm afraid we don't have an email address for support queries, if you follow the link as per my previous response you'll be able to add a reply to the ticket attaching a file should you wish. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

Ok so here is the question - 197211947, chat ref ,- 4303642469 - you will see I do not owe the f... Money!!!!!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Let me look into this further when I'm in the office tomorrow however regardless if you were told incorrect information it won't change what is actually correct. Have you checked a breakdown of the final bill online via your account?

[edit]

Obviously if we've made an error and we feel a goodwill gesture is due then we'd be happy to offer you that. Let me look into this again for you. Would you be free for a call tomorrow to discuss?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Morning @Caypol I've looked into this again and added a reply to your support ticket 198756057.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

So, you’ve looked at the chat which clearly states I do not owe the money but you think you have got this wrong and are happy for the debt collectors to continue to hassle me!! You say the money owed is for a final payment - HOW DO I OWE A FINAL PAYMENT - I paid for the whole year upfront, never set up a DD!! This is absolutely ridiculous!! I will take this further and seek compensation for the stress this has caused me and the time I have taken to try and resolve this!!! I will speak to a friend of mine who is a solicitor and discuss How I can progress and take action against your company and the debt collectors!!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Caypol 

As we unfortunately seem to be going round in a bit of a circle, I tried to call you just now but there was no answer. Can you PM me the best contact number to get you on and when you'd be free for a call? I'll be available 9 to 5:30 this week.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

We are going round in circles because you will not accept you are in the wrong. I was at work when you called. This is becoming extremely embarrassing for Plusnet!! It’s the principle here - I do not owe the money. My friend has advised me to report Plusnet and the debt collectors to the financial ombudsman. That’s what I intend to do later!! Oh and the debt collectors have been hassling me again today. Do not need this especially given my medical condition!!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @Caypol I do apologise for the concern this is causing you, I'm wanting to get this resolved and I'd love the chance to call you and discuss this further. Could you advise when you will be free for a call please?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

I’m at work!! Can I just ask why you are so keen to speak to me? Is that to avoid any further embarrassment on this forum - I’ve sent the chat which clearly states I do not owe the money. You have absolutely no idea of the level of concern I am currently experiencing so don’t pretend you do!!!!!’
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for getting back to me @Caypol 

I'm afraid I can't discuss account specific information publicly due to data protection.

If there's no time of a day you'd be free for a call then I'd be happy to continue this discussion on the support ticket on your account you'll be able to view and respond to by going Here 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Caypol
Hooked

So, as a good will gesture you have waived the money along with the 12% admin charge!!! However in your response you still fail to admit you are in the wrong!! I find it absolutely staggering that as far as you are concerned I owed the money!! I’m still being hassled by the debt collectors, text and email received today. You are a huge organisation who do not give a damn about the individual, why would you go to so much trouble to recover such a small amount of money which I did not owe!! It’s the principle for me!! I won’t be one of those people who back down and just pay the debt collectors. I will be seeking compensation for the stress this has caused me and the effects on my condition- MS
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'm really sorry for the issues you're going through @Caypol If you're happy to accept the gesture of goodwill I've proposed, we'd need you to reply to the ticket if you haven't already. This will keep things documented on to your account.

I'll then arrange this for you when I'm in the office on Monday and it can take around 14 days for the debt to be removed.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet