Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm leaving and its postponed

Stevieag
Hooked

I'm leaving and its postponed

I am in the process of moving supplier.

They have had to postpone, how does this affect my connection. Will it remain until they connect or will I magically be be cut off tomorrow.
8 REPLIES 8
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: I'm leaving and its postponed

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

If you haven’t told PN you’re leaving then all should be fine, if you’ve told them you’re leaving and have a cease date then you’ll need to get in contact with them.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Stevieag
Hooked

THIS IS ALL I HAVE FROM PN.

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us
Here's what you need to know

Hello XXXXXXXX,

Account username: XXXXXXXXXX

Phone number affected: XXXXXXXXXXX

We're sorry to hear you're leaving us.

Another service provider has told us that you're moving your broadband and phone service away from Plusnet.

If you've already received an email from us with information about the transfer of one of your services, please ignore it and refer only to the information contained within this email.

Your broadband and phone service is scheduled to transfer automatically on 14th April 2020 and will result in the cancellation of all your Plusnet services.

If that's not right, or you'd like to speak to someone about your account, call us as soon as possible for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, before 4pm on 12th April 2020. The sooner you call the easier it is to change things.

When you leave Plusnet

You'll receive a cancellation bill with the charges you need to pay.

There's no early termination charge for your service.

Your cancellation bill

Your cancellation bill will include:

• A final charge to cover your services for the period between your previous bill and the transfer date

• Any applicable charges for broadband usage and calls made in the period between your previous bill and the transfer date
We'll use the details stored on your account to take the payment. If you pay by Direct Debit please don't worry about cancelling it, we'll take care of it once all your charges have been paid.

Before you leave Plusnet

We're really sorry to hear you're leaving us but before your broadband and phone service moves there are some things you need to consider.

Your broadband service

Moving your broadband service means our support team won't be able to help if something goes wrong with your connection. You'll also lose access to the features shown below.

• Plusnet Protect - this will stop working once your services have transferred so you'll need to remove it and install new security software

• Your Static IP - this will be released for assignment to another Plusnet broadband customer

Your phone service

Moving your phone service means you'll lose your Line Only inclusive minutes, inclusive calls to Plusnet Support and free calls to other Plusnet customers. You'll also lose access to the Call Features shown below.

• Voicemail
If you have an alarm, medical alerting system, CCTV or any other services connected to your phone line, please speak to the supplier to make sure that these services are not interrupted as a result of your move.

If you've got a Plusnet Mobile plan

No changes will be made to your Mates Rates allowance if you choose to cancel your broadband or home service.

Any questions?

We've got a team of helpful Plusnet advisors to answer any questions you have about leaving. Call us for free on 0800 073 3057 from a landline or, at UK landline rates on 0330 123 0178 from a mobile, between 8am-8pm Monday-Friday or 9am-7pm on Saturdays and 9am-6pm on Sundays.

We'd like to thank you for using Plusnet and we're really sorry to lose you. We hope that you'll consider us again in the future.

Best wishes,

Paul Coulton
Customer Operations Director
www.plus.net
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @Stevieag 

The cease date we've got from your new provider's order is still showing as 13/04/20. The notification you've received of the 14th April would likely be referring to midnight as 00:00:00 (Confusingly our system likes to think of it this way).

You'd need to contact your new provider to make sure that the cease of your services with us doesn't complete as we've got little control of this from our side. We can try cancelling the order but that'd likely cancel the transfer order in full.

It may be too late now for anyone to stop your services being ceased, if your new provider hasn't already changed it. 

We'll keep your services running until we've been told to turn it off. If you want us to try cancelling the order, let me know by replying to this ticket Here although I can't guarantee it'd be possible.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevieag
Hooked

So, if nothing happens, nothing changes?
I'd love to remain with PN but the cost is astronomical in comparison.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Correct, we'll carry on providing you with a service until we're told not to. It may be a bit late now but I'm sure we could've tempted you with a new deal by calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stevieag
Hooked

I tried but I guess under the circumstances people's interest is waining.

I've been a customer a while and all I asked was to be offered the same as a new customer, this is around half what I pay.
No joy
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It doesn't look like you've contacted our customer options team as no sales/retentions adviser has viewed your account, at least in the past year. I'm happy to arrange for an adviser to call you back if you're still interested in staying?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet