cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm coming back, need a little help.

Devonian
Grafter

I'm coming back, need a little help.

Ok, I had a moan before migration to yalktalk LAST WEEK.
But, they promised the world, and failed at every level.
PlusNet was a good service, and I would like to come back, I have spoke to sales, and an order is placed.
HOWEVER.
When talktalk activated the tv package, my broadband become shockingly slow, under 2 meg, compaired to the 16 I was getting with PN.
I complained, and I was told basically it's tough, or pay £50 for an engineer to investigate!
Then this morning I found my account to be blocked.
I phoned up and was transfered to the FRAUD department.
They told me last November I run up a £500 bill.
I laughed and asked how that could be, when I was connected to PlusNet?
The lady said she had no idea, and even said there is a zero balance on my account.
However she said I need to pay £570 to have the service reinstated.
I replied with BALLS and asked for the cancellation department.
I was told I can't have a mac until the money is paid, and also they will block any action by PN to take over the line.
I have an open order with PN to migrate back, but haven't been able to provide a MAC.

Where do I go from here?
Help!
151 REPLIES 151
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I'm coming back, need a little help.

Contact OFCOM. There is a specific set of rules covering the situations when a MAC can be withheld and non payment of bills is not one of them.
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/codes-of-practice/migrations-authorisation-code-mac-broadband-migratio...
Then contact TalkTalk again and tell them you know your rights and that you have contacted OFCOM.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

I'd say that this is probably a pretty good starting point.
http://help.talktalk.co.uk/app/answers/detail/a_id/2022/~/how-do-i-make-a-complaint%3F#How_do_I_make...
TalkTalk have been getting quite a bit of trouble from Ofcom regarding their complaints, so I suspect their complaints team are fairly good.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I sincerely hope you get this sorted without too much stress Devonian, keep us posted.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Devonian
Grafter

I have tried to raise a complaint with TalkTalk, but they have refused and hung up on me no less than 6 times this afternoon.
1 lady admitted an error setting up the account, saying it seems my account was wrongly linked to another account, but she said she could do nothing about it and the only dept that could help are the fraud dept.....  BUT they don't take calls from customers and I have to WRITE A LETTER to them!!!!!!
Ofcom can't do anything, they have said I need to go through the complaints route, give them 8 weeks, then go to the ombudsman!!
6 Days...  I am speachless...
I had a spot on service from PlusNet, never had a fault with my line, bills were always correct..
Why did I migrate?  The promise of a good tv package thats why...  and it's not even that!!!!

Adam you were amazing before, is there anyway you can get things sorted?  Even if I have to pay for a new line?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

The advice on ThinkBroadband is that if you are on full LLU you don't need a MAC.
See http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/talktalk/t/4171473-re-something-to-read-if-you-are-considering-talk...
Devonian
Grafter

So if that link is correct, PN should be able to bring my service back quite easily?
I'm worried though because TT hinted they can block the move by putting an unpaid bill tag on the line...  I dont even know if this exisits to be honest... and I certainly don't have an unpaid bill... my balance even shows as 0 on the TT accounts page.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm pretty sure that, legally, they have to prove the claimed debt before they can take any action (including blocking the transfer of the line).  Threaten legal action!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

As I understand things they can't actually refuse an outbound transfer request (i.e. to take over a phone line) without a written request to do so from the customer? That's certainly how we do things here.
James
Grafter

Devonian - Raise a complaint through the online form.  Calling the number is likely to be the same as their normal support teams.
It'll be easier to get it sorted this way as otherwise there could be potential problems porting your service back to us.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Devonian ill pray for you :S Sounds like your in a right mess, hope you get sorted soon old chap!
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks for all the advice guys.
W23, I have already been down that route, 2 hours of arguing and they wouldn't even connect me to a supervisor.  I have asked for a copy of the so called outstanding bill, and they told me to write a letter!
Matt, that is what I thought also. BUT the wonderful people at TT seem to think differently.  It's like they are a law to themselves.
Jameseh, I have raised a complaint via the online forum, and posted in the support forum..( I tied posting a link here, but you must be a customer before you can see the boards... I wonder why! ) apparently it takes minimum 3 days before it is looked at, and another 2 days before it is dealt with.
I have also spoken to BT, they will happily instal a new line on a 1 month contract with no broadband for £40, so if all else fails, I will get a new line that way, then PN can instal the broadband, and a month later take other the line.
Never in my life have I known such a company!!
ukste20, keep praying for me!!
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Unbelievable that any company would treat a customer this way.
Hope you've plastered your experience on as many public forums as possible!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

With regard to the above I think TalkTalk have forums somewhere and there are a number of reps about who should be able to help in a case like this. If you can't find the official forums (or unofficial official ones if you see what I mean) - 'fraid I don't have a link - then I've definitely seen the reps on the MSE forums: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69
Hope that helps.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Is your TT account still blocked?