cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm coming back, need a little help.

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: I'm coming back, need a little help.

Send this to watchdog, thats ought to go on the programme!!!
www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Devonian
I think it is just incompetance.

Of the highest order!
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
CX
Grafter

---
David_W
Rising Star

I'd threaten them with the information commissioner, if the email/phone numbers listed for your account are incorrect then they have a legal obligation to correct them when notified as such under the data protection act.  There is also the issue of the information they have on you being incorrect and them refusing to correct it (re the debt).  So firstly I'd email the CEO at the address I gave earlier and also pop an email to the information commissioner highlighting your problems and TT's refusal to correct them, with the threat of a very large fine looming over them they may pull their thumbs out to get things sorted quickly.
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

No help but it sounds like a phone call I had from Demon a couple of years ago. They said I owed them a couple of hundred quid in unpaid bills. I said thats strange as I haven't had a Demon account for about 10 years! Never heard from them again.
I had a similar problem with an insurance company, contacting the ombudsman (even though they bounced the complaint) I then got a call from the company and got it sorted out.
So I would contact them again saying you have been in-touch with the ombudsman and the IC and see if that rattles any thing loose.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

If this unpaid debt has been attributed to you than your phone line may not be your only problem. Have you had a statutory report from the Credit Reference Agencies recently? You might find that you will be affected in other ways especially if not just unpaid debt but fraud is being alleged.
Devonian
Grafter

Received a letter from talk talk today..
It says how sorry they are that I'm migrating away already, and that I should phone them if I'm having any issues!!!!!
What a cheek.
w23
Pro

If this wasn't such a serious issue I'd be laughing myself stupid at that!
Unbelievable.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Devonian
Grafter

My thoughts exactly!!  Cheesy
dick:quote
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

As noted by mcintoshuk http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,108596.msg928296.html#msg928296 ; the Onetel team are still a separate entity from the TalkTalk teams, I can vouch from experience, they are far more efficient, based in Scotland, and generally sort OneTel problems quickly. Not much good to Devonian though unfortunately. I hope he has some better news now.
Devonian
Grafter

After a week and a half of waiting for any response from TalkTalk, I have finally had 1.
And here it is;

OCE_Ady
Today, 09:21 AM   #40
Online Community Executive
Surfing from ,Cant Surf! Wont Surf! but i love iphones
Joined Feb 2008, 20,867 Posts
Hi Devonian,
Thanks for providing the 12 digit number. I am afraid you will need to contact Customer Services on 08704441820 for support of any kind.
l Contact Us - Security Questions l Check service status l Report a fault l myAccount l Help Articles lExtension Leads, Do Not Use Them l
l Engineer Charges - An Explanation l lTalkTalk Customer Complaints Code l

Great thanks for that!!
And my reply:

Devonian
Today, 12:56 PM   #41
TalkTalk Member
Surfing from Paignton
Joined Oct 2012, 73 Posts
What a laughable reply for the so called excellent OCE!!
Not a single person at TT will even look into this, or try to help, and that includes OCE ADY.
PATHETIC.
Ring the number you say?
Don't you think I have already tried that a dozen times?
And what do I get told?
Write a letter!! WHich I have done, and it was signed for last Wednesday at 10.32am.
I am a victim of TT incompetance, and how do TT deal with it?
By refusing to deal with it.
Thank you for keeping my account safe and secure talktalk.
Thank you for having sufficient security on the system to control data and prevent crossed accounts.
Thank you for providing top notch customer service and trying to help!!!!

What a bunch of useless morons.
7 weeks left of waiting, then I can consult the data commissioner, Ofcom/telecoms watchdog, and ultimately a solicitor.
You can not treat a customer like this and get away with it.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is your account still blocked?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Devonian
Grafter

Certainly is.
Copy and paste from my account screen at talktalk.co.uk:
Welcome back 
Smartphones from only £5 a month. Find out more
We are sorry, but your account is temporarily barred. You cannot make any changes at this time.
Summary
TV
Broadband
Home phone
Mobile
++
TV, Broadband & Phone
Your package: TalkTalk Plus (TV, broadband and phone)
Latest bill total:
£0.00
Payment due:
29 Oct
Payment method:

View details
w23
Pro

Quote from: Devonian
We are sorry, ...

I don't really think they are and certainly not enough.
A communications company that refuses to communicate with their customer just because they don't believe the customer when all the evidence suggests that the customer is right.  Very poor, very poor indeed.
Please let us know if you ever get any sensible response from them, I'm not holding my breath but I am ready to fall off my chair.
Call me 'w23'
Devonian
Grafter

Thanks W23, I will do.
I was trying to add a screen shot of the accounts page to prove nothing has been doctored... but I'll be damned if I can figure out how!!