cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm coming back, need a little help.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: I'm coming back, need a little help.

I actually lol'd.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
drj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: GJenkins
thanks I'll have a gander when this weather clears up! I'm pretty sure that weather is currently operated by talktalk.. :s

At least your sense of humour hasn't been terminated by them!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Damned good job I wasn't drinking coffee at the time I read that, or eating Risotto, even worse! I hope you can at least have something of a Merry Xmas GJenkins  Wink
GJenkins
Grafter

Hope everyone had a good xmas!
Haha didn't see the replies! I still haven't been for my little walk.
Apparently theres tags on the line because according to some BT system I cant recieve fibre! I think what they have done is booked an engineer to install ADSL and should recognise I have a fibre modem installed and activate the fibre instead.
Its a little confusing but I think thats the gist of it...
James
Grafter

@Anotherone
I have no issues with your suggestion that we call every single line that has an LLU cease placed on it, however it's not a viable option for us.  There are LOTS of these, almost entirely genuine.  We are not going to start calling every customer who has placed an order with another supplier on the off chance that they might be getting slammed, but we do follow GC24 to the extent that we send communication to them stating that services are being moved to another supplier. I won't argue on the point of whether or not the email could be worded slightly better, however an LLU cease will apply directly to the telephone line (as the email states).
As the vast majority if these transfers are genuine, we also have to be careful to avoid any scaremongering. I don't personally have any issues with the email itself other than the fact it should probably mention that the broadband with us will cease, rather than it potentially ceasing.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Except that, as far as I know, Plusnet don't know who the phone line is moving to and where it isn't LLU but another BTw based supplier such as BT Retail or Primus then the broadband wouldn't necessarily be ceased. This presumably would also apply to TalkTalk where they didn't have LLU (there are still some exchanges where this is the case I believe)
James
Grafter

We wouldn't know where the line is going.
Only Openreach (and the gaining supplier would) and they wouldn't tell us.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

which is why a statement that the broadband WILL cease cannot be made
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Then the email can be conditionally worded, and I still think there should be cases where you try to phone as well. I take your point about the genuine moves James, but when it comes to Fibre, this is a slightly different kettle of fish as it is supplied from the cab.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

which ones would you phone as well - an automatic flagging system would be needed
James
Grafter

I understand your point, Chris, but the volume of these that we receive would mean a massive increase in time and resource requirements, which ultimately boils down to how much it would cost us to do such a thing which doesn't work with our low cost operating model.
A number of people move from a Fibre service to different ISPs so I don't necessarily subscribe to the idea that it should be different although of course I appreciate that Fibre services are delivered directly to the cabinet.
Remember, slamming cases are only a tiny, tiny proportion of the orders that are raised to transfer out services.
GJenkins
Grafter

The Cheque from TalkTalk arrived today. So I can disclose the 'undisclosed amount' and reveal it to be £50.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Wow, something that TalkTalk do better than Plusnet! Refund cheques or credits sent direct to the bank account are never that quick coming out of Plusnet. Perhaps TalkTalk have had more practice as a result of the number of times they mess up! Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
GJenkins
Grafter

To be honest, I was half expecting the cheque to travel to india, back to the UK, then to South Africa, Back to India, then onto the USA, then to india, at least half a dozen times over and then be told that the cheque isnt compatible with my bank and that it should never have been sent in the first place!
GJenkins
Grafter

Well, looking good so far, DSL light on openreach modem is back on, now just got to wait until the 4th forr account to activate