Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being billed too much

FIXED
psmithzimb
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I'm being billed too much

I signed up to an 18 month deal on standard broadband at £17.99/mth, however I have been billed at £22.50

Can someone please look into it for me?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: I'm being billed too much

Thanks for your post @psmithzimb and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to see your bill is higher than you'd expect.

I've dropped you an email with more information which I hope helps.

Feel free to post back and/or private message me if you have further queries.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
psmithzimb
Hooked

Thanks for your reply. The email I received is below.

You say I signed up at £18.50 a month, but then the prices went up in June. I only joined you in August so I don't see how that is fair, or even makes any sense.

Also you say the price increase was for customers not in a fixed term. Can you please explain what a fixed term means? I am in an 18 month contract.

Thank you

Thanks for contacting us via our community forums,

I'm sorry to see your bill is higher than you'd expect. I can see you signed up on a monthly cost at £18.50 a month as per the email we sent you after you completed your order online you can view here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_service_notice&id=526130550

In June we then increased our prices for everybody not within a fixed price contract so your new monthly cost is £21.22. On your latest bill you have £6.47 of additional call charges to a mix of landline and mobile numbers as you don't have a call plan.

If you regularly make calls from your landline that aren't free, I'd recommend looking at adding a call plan to your account either through logging in via our website or calling us on 0800 432 0200. You can find details of our plans here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/residential-phone-tariffs/

Kind regards,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to me @psmithzimb

Apologies for that accidental oversight, I've just sorted this and emailed you again.

A fixed price contract is something we used to offer long ago where your monthly cost didn't go up for the duration.

We don't offer these anymore, and when you signup we make you aware of the following

"The price for broadband, line rental, call plans and call charges will be increased on or after 1st March every year from March 2022 by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January of that year plus 3.9%. Other prices, content and terms may also change during your contract. See CPI Plus 3.9% Guide ( https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cpi-plus-guide/ ) for details."

Let me know if you've got further queries. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
psmithzimb
Hooked

Fix

Hi, thanks for the email. Would it be possible to tell me in layman's terms what it means, and how much I will be paying each month. Also will I get credit for the months I have already overpaid?

Thanks

Correcting discounts

Unlimited BB (Contracted) - Market 2/3 (Subscription) discount (16 months) - £11.66
Line Rental (Subscription) discount (16 months) - £2.72

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I’ve applied discounts to make your monthly cost as agreed. You should’ve received a second email from me explaining. I made sure a credit’s added too.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button