cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm baffled: is it at all possible to cancel Plusnet service?

amitjain

I'm baffled: is it at all possible to cancel Plusnet service?

I'm really stymied (and disgusted, but that is by the by). Want to cancel and get my MAC code. Help pages say the way to do this is to phone. Been trying to call for a week now; no one ever answers (waited 25 minutes one memorable afternoon).
Dropped a polite message to support on Friday, saying I was trying to reach someone on the on the phone to cancel, but not having any luck, could they suggest anything. All I got was an automated email saying I could expect a response in 16 hours. Nothing else. Tried calling again just now, got told by a robot that they are unable to help with accounts because they are updating the systems, and to accept their apologies (always apologies, never any action or compensation!).
So what are my options, given my inability to get plusnet to talk to me at all? I see that the help pages mention writing a letter as another way to cancel, but I don't know if that will achieve anything beyond wasting stamp money - also, I want a MAC code, so it would be best if this could be done via a process involving bi-directional communication.
Is there any way to talk to someone, anyone, responsible enough to just take heed of my simple request, and hand over a MAC code?
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I'm baffled: is it at all possible to cancel Plusnet service?

Hi there,
I'm afraid the cancellations line is quite busy at the moment, if you don't have time to wait on the phone the only other way to notify us would be to write in as per http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#requestCancellation (scroll down below the diagram) and someone will be in touch with you following our receipt of the letter.