cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Leaving because I'm not being offered anything different than 'Joe Public'

wallzone
Grafter

I'm Leaving because I'm not being offered anything different than 'Joe Public'

Well the reps on here say, 'Ring CS they'll help sort you out'.
Well I rang and first off I got offered this, (I want to change from ADSL to FIBRE),
Unlimited Fibre Broadband service: £10.00 for 24 months
Line rental: £155.88 annually
Anytime Call plan: £6.00 per month (free for 3 months)
Caller Display: £0.99 per month
Total £10.99 per month for 3 months and £16.99 per month thereafter on a new 24 month contract
OR for a higher upload speed:
Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband service: £15.00 for 24 months
Line rental: £155.88 annually
Anytime Call plan: £6.00 per month (first 3 months free)
Caller Display: £0.99 per month
Total £16.99 per month for 3 months and £21.99 per month thereafter on a new 24 month contract

Now take in to account Plusnet have much better offers out on the internet so ad you can tell I was link:censored
So I posted back that there are much better offers out there and then they say we'll give you one of them exact same offers - WHAT - thats it.
As many people have said, (and I'll not re-post details of because Mods will probably delete), BT and TCB looks favourable even though I thought Plusnet may have come up with a decent deal for me and I wanted to stay here.
Anyway this isn't a rant it's just a complaint I suppose that I didn't get what I thought I might have with being a customer.
To the Plusnet people on here if you want to check the number of the still open question is 107726446
wallzone.
adie:red removed avoidance of swear filter.]
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: I'm Leaving because I'm not being offered anything different than 'Joe Public'

The Customer Options Team are the best people to offer new deals and discounts, however we can only offer up to a certain amount otherwise it makes no business sense. I'm sorry you're unhappy with the offer we gave you but we do change offers and cannot always offer the same as our online price to recontracting customers.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sjptd
Grafter

Re: I'm Leaving because I'm not being offered anything different than 'Joe Public'

cannot always offer the same as our online price to recontracting customers.  Why?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi wallzone,
I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with the offer that has been provided, however in my opinion that isn't a bad offer, if anything I'd say you're getting a better deal than new customers on this occasion.
You've said that we have much better offers on the internet. On our website, we're currently offering Unlimited fibre free for 6 months which gives a saving of £89.94 throughout the 18 month contract. The same package on the offer you have been provided gives a saving of £89.82 over the first 18 months and a total saving of £119.76 against the broadband throughout the 24 month contract and also has an additional 3 month free call plan that isn't included in the online offer.
Likewise, the Unlimited fibre extra package advertised online gives a saving of £59.94 throughout the 18 month contract. The offer you have been given has a saving of £89.82 throughout the first 18 months of the contract and £119.76 throughout the entire 24 month contract, again with an additional 3 months free call plan.
I understand your concerns about the longer contract length, however all of our fibre contracts are a minimum of 18 months and the reason 24 month contracts have been offered is to provide a higher discount.
Ultimately, if you're not happy with the offers, I respect your opinion and whatever your choice is moving forward.
@sjptd - This is generally down to the fact that most existing customers received some sort of discounted rate upon signup and as Chris has said, it just does not make business sense and is simply not possible to sell a product at such a highly discounted rate indefinitely.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wallzone
Grafter

I got offered the online price, my gripe I thought it may have been good practice to attempt to keep customers with a little more than 'Joe Public' gets - that's my gripe.
There are much better offers in the wild than staying here but I mistakenly thought that Customers counted, evidently I don't, I cannot comment possibly for anyone else but that's my opinion.
wallzone.
p.s.
HarryB
I was just typing this slowly when it said someone had posted - you.
If you look at the number noted in the first post and the links in there there are much better offers advertised than are on the Plusnet site.
wallzone
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I'm not sure if I'm missing something here, please correct me if I'm wrong...
I had already checked over the links on your ticket and I've just checked them again.
All three of the links advertise £0 for 6 months followed by £14.99 per month for Unlimited fibre on an 18 month contract.
This is the same offer advertised on our website and the costs mentioned in my previous post  Huh
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet