cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just want to leave Plusnet

Fran1234
Hooked

I just want to leave Plusnet

I left plusnet in October 2019. I phoned and was told there was nothing to pay and since then I've been harassed by BPO for £12 - during a pandemic! I'm not paying. When I phoned plusnet to complain they said they would send a cheque for £12 to pay off BPO. I never received this. If Plusnet takes me to court I will go and defend myself, what's more, I'll win. I'm wondering if there's a way of taking out an injunction against Plusnet/BPO for the harassment. It must've cost more than £12 to go after me for over a year.
7 REPLIES 7
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: I just want to leave Plusnet

Thanks for reaching out and making us aware of this issue. I've had a look into your account and have provided you with an update on Ticket 209220841.

You'll be able to view this via the following link: : https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=209220841

Hope this helps, Adam.

Moderators Note: Links fixed.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Fran1234
Hooked

That's no help at all. When I click on the long number the page doesn't load and when I click on the long URL it brings up another login screen that won't let me logon again, despite the fact that I've logged on here to post this. I've tried on my iPhone and iPad and it's the same. Why can't you post a public response?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

The links were broken, I’ve fixed them. You can also see your tickets here https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
PN won’t post account specific info / details in public,
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Fran1234
Hooked

I am an ex-customer who never wants to engage with Plusnet ever again. When I left, I was told I owe nothing. I've even got an email apologising for the billing error. Yet, I'm still being harassed by your debt collection agency. I've posted on here and you've replied with broken links. You say you've fixed them, but they just bring me to another login screen and on 2 different devices it says invalid username and password, even though I've managed to login to this forum to post this. All I want is confirmation that Plusnet and BPO will never contact me again, not more broken links to click on. All you need to do is respond with an assurance that it's sorted. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Fran1234 wrote:

...it says invalid username and password, even though I've managed to login to this forum to post this.

To log in to your account you need your account (not forum) username and your account (not forum) password.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Fran1234
Hooked

I have no idea what this additional username and password is because I left Plusnet in October 2019. I'm certainly not going to try and activate an account with a company that I want nothing more to do with. I've received an email saying that Plusnet sent me a cheque for £11.29 to pay off the debt collection agency. I have never received a cheque. Anyway, I don't want a cheque. I'm not going to engage with a debt collection agency, this is Plusnet's billing error so Plusnet should deal with the debt collection agency. I've never dealt with a debt collection agency in my life and I'm not going to start now. This is your mess, you clean it up. Write off the so called debt and call if the debt collection agency. No other course of action is acceptable or sensible. I'm not doing anything else now.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Fran1234 

I have no idea what this additional username and password is because I left Plusnet in October 2019.

It's the username and password that you would have used to access the member centre when you had a PlusNet account. The ticket that @adam945 created should have also sent an email to the contact address but I guess you may not be using that anymore. If you cant remember the details then it may be useful to contact @adam945  via personal message to see if he can provide the information on the ticket that way.

I've never dealt with a debt collection agency in my life and I'm not going to start now.

I can completely understand your position, but where debt collection agencies are involved, doing nothing is usually not the best answer. If you haven't already, I would suggest writing to the agency to dispute the debt ( see draft letter here https://www.nationaldebtline.org/sample-letters/complaining-to-debt-collection-agencies-you-do-not-o... ) and possibly include any evidence that Plusnet have admitted the debt is not valid.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.