cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just found out about the price increase in September!

argiebee

I just found out about the price increase in September!

I get monthly "Advance notice of your Direct Debit payment" emails from plusnet, but  very rarely login to check any details. The last time was probably March 2014. I was just checking today and realised the line rental and talk anytime had gone up. I checked back to find this first happened in October.
After a bit of searching, the price increase was announced a year ago and I should have received an email. I can't find an email regarding the price increase and I'm pretty sure one was never sent to my normal email address that gets the DD payment emails.
I checked my <id>@<id>.plus.com email that I never use and I have the last 2 dd emails plus an email from April 2015 saying:
"You are receiving this message as your mailbox has not been accessed since:
2014-03-06 07:11:07
We have therefore archived the contents of the mailbox, please note that new mails will continue to be received."

So I can't tell if that received the price increase email unless there is a way of recovering the archived emails.
I created a forum id to find out why I'm not receiving important emails. There seem also to be a mention of "service notices" on some threads. What are they? I have only ever received DD payment emails in the last 14 months  (and a few product change and renewal minder and confirmation of new contract emails before March 2014). 
I don't know if it is significant but I checked under "Communication Preferences" and I have nothing ticked.
What do I need to do to ensure that I receive an email and I am informed the next time there are any contractual changes?
2 REPLIES 2
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: I just found out about the price increase in September!

We send notifications of this type to the contact email address on your account, so it's worth checking junk/spam folders just in case it gets incorrectly filtered. From what I can tell you shouldn't have any issues with these being sent as these types of mails override the communications preferences as we have to send them.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
argiebee

Re: I just found out about the price increase in September!

Nothing from plusnet in spam, but I think spam is only retained for a month.
When was the last email of this type that I should have received?
Is it possible that the DD emails don't go to spam but other emails from plusnet do?