Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received a bill...

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: I haven't received a bill...

Plusnet offered to settle my ombudsman complaint with an offer of £50 for failing to refund money from October. I accepted that a couple of weeks ago, but there's no sign of the compensation payment yet - they have another 11 days before the deadline. It is up to you to decide whether their offer is fair or not, but it seems to be in the usual ballpark.

andy19791
Grafter

Just had the same reply from Ombudsman, and i guess i don't really have much choice other than to accept the offer even though if you look on this forum its full of people complaining about not getting payments paid from plusnet and/or cheques bouncing! 

also in my reply from the ombudsman was this:

Plusnet has accepted it has billing issues which are affecting an unknown percentage of its customers caused by the implementation of new software. 

The billing issues are affecting various parts of its billing including the services on your account and discounts agreed at the point of sale. Therefore to prevent incorrect invoices / charges Plusnet made a decision to freeze the affected accounts until it had resolved the issue. 

Plusnet are now in the process of unfreezing accounts on a batch by batch basis and are contacting customers individually to notify them of this.

Plusnet acknowledge you have had no opportunity to make any payments to your account during this frozen period and they will deal with any customer payment issues on a 1 - 1 basis after your billing profile has been rectified. 

Plusnet has confirmed it decision to freeze the account was also made to ensure you continued to receive your services during this period.

I mean why haven't plusnet at any point said this to me or made a statement explaining this? at no point was i told any of this.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have now decided to accept the offer £30 because I have no other option choice. But, I do hope PN would sort this bill issues out quickly as possible before my contract expiry in this October.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@andy19791, thanks for the statement from Plusnet via the ombudsman. That's the first I've heard of them freezing accounts too (it makes it sound as if it was deliberate, but I suspect it was just a side effect of the billing system issues). I moved from a residential to a business account in October, and it was the refund for the residential account that I went to the ombudsman about. I still haven't had an invoice or receipt for the initial payment (makes it difficult to put in my business accounts!), nor any monthly invoices at all for the business account. Apparently I don't actually have any "products" in the billing system so it isn't billing me. I haven't complained to the ombudsman over that yet, but I'll see what happens when they unfreeze my account.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @andy19791,

I am sorry to hear you feel that way and for the billing problem you have experienced with us. I have reviewed your account and replied here via ticket due to account sensitive information.

Hello @corringham and @goldenfibre,

Sorry to hear that you too are having a similar experience. I would just like to assure you that each case is being dealt with and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
papagee

You can add my name to that list. I've not had my monthly DD taken since last October so I now owe 4 months money. I phoned on Thursday and was told my bill would be generated on 2nd Feb - so far nothing. I am getting so fed up with this situation that I may decide to leave Plusnet altogether. Whenever I try to use the online chat facility to talk to a PlusNet person, it is not available. The phone lines leave you hanging on for 20 minutes and despite reassurances from the support staff, nothing changes. This has all gone wrong since the introduction of the new billing system.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Any updated yet PN of when will the billing issues going to be resolved? These are taking so long now since October.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @goldenfibre,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry but I don't have an update for you today other than it is a high priority and we are working to get the issue resolved as soon as we can.

Thanks - LF

george_seamons
Dabbler

Why is it taking so long to sort?! I haven't been billed correctly since September, that means I have 5 bills to all come out, presumably all at once. I pay £28.99 a month...am I really going to be expected to pay £144.95 (and that's assuming it gets sorted this month, which sounds unlikely!!!) all at once? How is that fair?! I know you have said people can pay with a payment plan, but that doesn't help when there will also be the ongoing bills to pay alongside these historic bills!!! 

To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I sincerely hope there will be a significant compensation scheme put in place for those customers affected.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I agree it taking too long now. PN are a disgrace company now. They don't seem bother to sort this out. More likely never will get this sorted out once my contract expiry in October this year. I feared will be final bill of one year payment for the service that we have for fibre broadband and line only. Sadly ombudsman service and plusnet only offer £30 cheque for this cause of the billing issues is very poor outcome decision. I just can't wait to get out of this horrible Plusnet and move to new isp who willing take my payment from monthly direct debit.

Really fed up now and more excuse from PN with unknown when it will be fixed? I don't think they haven't act anything.