Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received a bill...

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: I haven't received a bill...

I believe the legal limit is 6 years. The moral limit may be less (depending or your morals).

Neoman
Hooked

I have the feeling that there are going to be a lot of people needing “payment arangements” by the time this mess is sorted out. Why isn’t it possible to make ad hoc payments to our accounts and thus build up the required credit balance and so avoid this entirely? That seems both reasonable and logical.

nikolahamer

That not really the point putting it aside is all well and good but you still have no idea when it will be back up plus on top of that im paying or should be paying for fiber optic and getting less the 4mps sorry but it bad enough I have to ring up every 3 days to pay and complain about the speed for nothing ever to be done it's frustrating especially when my house runs on internet I'm just glad I have had free minutes on my phone to call up or i would have a very large phone bill as well
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @nikolahamer

Thanks for getting in touch.

I can see that your billing query is in hand with one of my colleagues as per the ticket here. Although I absolutely agree that this is not ideal, there sadly isn't anything else we can do to resolve this as it stands - rest assured that my colleagues are working on this as a priority and we'll communicate accordingly as soon as we know more.

In terms of your speed, I agree that your connection is slower than it should be - I've tested your just connection at around 27.5mb/s which is slower than I'd expect. Could you please plug your router into the test socket of your premises as per the instructions here and run a wired speed test. If you're still getting speeds of below 33mb/s please raise a fault here and we'll take a look for you.

Best wishes

Dave

andy19791
Grafter

Same problem, no bill since October even after numerous tickets so took the problem up with the ombudsman after 8 weeks and now just waiting for the decision the evidence provided by plusnet on the case is just as ignorant and unhelpful as it is on here and on chat, mainly just stating that there is a "KNOWN problem" and there is "no end date to the problem".

I suggest other unhappy customers do the same and take it up with the ombudsman.

And the statement about plusnet not being in breach of contract, surely they are if i agreed to a contract to pay monthly and am not being billed monthly then surely plusnet are in breach of contract? otherwise whats stopping them just waiting 12 months and taking 12 months worth of bills?

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Or even worse case waiting 18 months and taking 18 months worth of bills but all referral scheme, fibre broadband discounted & LRS has disappear and charged normal rate.

smoothpainting
Grafter

I too suggest everyone should complain to Ofcom as 6 months of billing issues is way too much. Sorry and apologies are no longer a satisfactory response.
Neoman
Hooked

Just watched Martin Lewis doing his thing on ITV. He recommended a deal from Plusnet and I thought “how many of the people who take up this deal will find themselves in billing hell...” Right now I wouldn’t recommend anyone change to PN and if you are already with them and not having problems - CHANGE NOTHING!

I also sent a question to Mr Lewis about the plight of so many PN customers right now. I watched the prog in the hope my question would feature but as soon as he highlighted the PN offer I knew they wouldn’t “shoot themselves in the foot.”

The best advice I’ve heard so far is to take it to the Ombudsman if there’s no progress after 8 weeks. That’s exactly what I’m going to do, and I shall also be contacting the relevant media.

BTW - putting the money aside might seem like good advice, but if you have to pay by direct debit then the bill - when it comes - will be taken from your current account. Where exactly are you supposed to “put” this money until then, and how do you get it into your current account before the balance is taken? Different people have different circumstances and the only way to straighten this out is for PN to get their act together quickly. 

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

PN, any updated news yet over billing issues? Surely it should be fixed by now. If not, I want full explaining from PN of why is the billing issues isn't a quick fix and what was the reason of keep us in the dark water with no answer yet.

I think we all should complaint to our local MP's.

AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,

I'm sincerely sorry to hear about the issues you're currently experiencing.

I'm afraid, we are currently still looking into this and monitoring your account for further updates. I can assure you that we are doing our best to rectify this as quickly as possible.

We really appreciate your patience with us during this time and we will update you accordingly.

Please get in touch if you have any further queries.

Thank you,

Aisha

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

That's disappointed really. I can't understand why isn't plusnet put it top priority to get it sorted out. No one's including me don't want to end up with large bills in six months time.

richi
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

There's an obvious way to fix this problem (and the problem I'm having paying my final bill). And that's to optionally accept BACS or card payments (perhaps reinstate the plus.net/pay system).

Of course, this wouldn't be necessary if the shiny new accounting system wasn't as broken and inflexible as the old one!Ticked_off

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Unfortunately plus.net/pay doesn't work because your account isn't in a state where the invoice is outstanding, so there's no option for us to TPAR(Take Payment And Reactivate - minus the reactivate part in your case).

With regards to making a payment by card or BACS, we do take card payments but as above there's an issue with that for your account sadly. Regarding BACS this isn't a form of payment we accept as there's no option for us to. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf That's pretty crazy meaning we got no chance to pay the bills or might have to wait forever before getting large bill once it been resolved, but question is when is gonna to be? Is there any legal rights that we can move to other ISP and end the contract with PN immediately but problem is still in contract with PN until October 2019 the same with LRS expiry in October 2019

P.S. been checking my parents bill as their bills is no issues at all. Only me (don't know why it affect my billing issues ongoing)

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@goldenfibre, we're working on fixing this as soon as possible. Once the invoice is generated we'll cross that bridge when we come to it, we'd be happy to look into a payment plan for example.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet