cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I haven't received a bill...

Neoman
Hooked

I haven't received a bill...

In November I upgraded to Unlimited Fibre for £26.99 p.m. including line rental . At the same time I reverted to line only for the phone so as to absorb some of the increased cost. I duly received and settled the final bill for the old set-up and later in November was billed £32.98 - that's £26.99 + £5.99 for a new router - so far so good. Since then, nothing. Two calls have failed to resolve this matter and in the written feedback to yesterday's conversation I see that I'm being advised that all I can do is "wait patiently" until the system's "teething problems" are sorted.

Whilst I don't appreciate the inference that I'm somehow being "impatient", what particularly irks me is that my biggest concern doesn't seem to have been taken on board. I explained to the chap on the phone that I'm concerned that the longer this goes on, the greater the chance of me suddenly having to pay a direct debit for two, three, who knows how many months by the time this is "sorted." In such a situation it's highly likely that I simply won't have sufficient funds available when they are required. Worrying about this has already spoiled Christmas for me and the longer it continues the more stressful it becomes. Being told to just be patient really doesn't help!

54 REPLIES 54
nikolahamer

Re: I haven't received a bill...

Sorry to say but i have had the same problem since october i know owe 4 months an no way to pay it as everytime i ring or speak to someone i get told rin back end of week my internet has now dropped speed and its ment to be fiber even know there are no ristrictoins on my account its shocking hope they help you soon
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry about the issues with this. I completely understand the frustration and can assure you we don't wish to infer that you're being impatience, it's absolutely understandable that this isn't a helpful situation to be in. We do have teams working on resolving the issue and I'm certain that will happen soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nikolahamer

You have been telling me this for nearly 4 months I'm sure you will have resolved the situation by now I owe 4 months and now I can't pay all in one go not very fair tbh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I understand, I wish there was something different I could advise you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I have to keep my payment in one side in my bank account named (Owned Plusnet) until they have fixed my billing issues (been ongoing 2 months with no bill yet)

I suggest u all do the same too. (to avoid large bill owed at the end)

Neoman
Hooked

Predictably it’s now January and no sign of my bill. I’m not encouraged by what I’m reading here on the forum. Seems that following the introduction of new billing systems everything has gone to pieces... I think it’s very soon going to be time to enlighten the wider public about this little problem and just how hollow “we’ll do you proud” is starting to sound. I feel BBC WATCHDOG and/or RIPPOFF BRITAIN beckoning.... either you know how to fix this or you don’t. If you do, then fix it please without further delay. If you don’t, be honest and release your frustrated customers from their contracts. After all, by not supplying a proper bill on time YOU are breaching the terms and conditions of the contract and as such should be liable.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

@Neoman I was told by PN chat that my account still not fixed yet as there is no date of when it will be fixed. My last bill was in October 2018. Very frustrated and annoyed now. SORT IT OUT PN.

nikolahamer

I haven't been able to pay it since September my bill as of next week is just under 100£ it's a joke 4 months is a long time not to be able to pay your bill
Neoman
Hooked

I’m serious about publicising this issue. When I do I will post here and I’d appreciate it if every angry customer who’s not satisfied with the service(or lack thereof) that they have received joins me. The more people who complain to one of these programs the more likely they are to take up our cause and exert some seriously unpleasant pressure upon PN. Watch this space - there will be action soon!

Neoman
Hooked

Doesn’t look like it’s going to happen, my friend.... I refer you to my reply above - when the time comes, there’s nothing like a tidal wave of really bad publicity to galvanise a company into action. I will make it known here when I have contacted the relevant consumer activists. If enough people join me there is a much greater chance of a positive response. Being patient and reasonable obviously isn’t going to work, so stand by for impatient and unreasonable!!!

smoothpainting
Grafter

I referred a relative back in August 2018 and they’ve had no bill nor have I received any referral fees. The plusnet portal states next bill date is Jan 2037!

Every few days the ticket gets an update apologising for the delays. I wonder what what happen if they just cancelled for breach of contract having received no bills for 6 months?
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi everyone,

We're really sorry that you have experienced these issues with our billing update.

The billing has been suspended on a number of accounts but I'm afraid that doesn't mean we have breached our customers contracts. Should we be charging you for a service you are unable to use we would whole heartedly understand. As it stands currently, from what I have read, you are still able to use your services but we understand your frustration that the bills aren't being generated currently.

Our back office team is working as fast as they can to iron out the creases with our new system as there are a few other known issues. A contract was agreed to pay the said amount which would have been coming out of your accounts anyway. goldenfibre@ 's idea of putting what the amount would be each month to one side in his account is a good shout.

If the money has been spent and not put to one side, once the billing is rectified, our customer services team may be able to arrange a payment plan for you.

smoothpainting
Grafter

I hope your team continues to work fast to resolve the issues and take another 6 months. Any unbilled amounts over 12 months old can no longer be billed.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I think that only applies to energy companies @smoothpainting.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine