cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had to admit defeat

daveydub
Dabbler

I have had to admit defeat

I have been a loyal Plusnet cusstomer for a very long time but have finally had to admit that I will have to go elsewhere.

My connection is frequently dropping out, rare to have a connection in excess of 24 hours, speeds are not the guaranteed minimum of 50 but often can be 40+ so acceptable if not what I am paying for. We spent about 4 months dealing with this 2 1/2 years ago and had about 12 openreach engineer visits. Since we got it working back then I have ignored the frequent drop outs and slow speeds unti I think the beginning of June. The service had got so unreliable then and my phone no longer worked so I had to contact them about this. I have had 2 Openreach visits and am expecting another this afternoon. I calculated that over the past 2 1/2 years I have spent more than 1/2 a day every month on average dealing with phone, broadband and billing issues although the amount of time that I have spent since June has now increased this to closer to one day a month.

I have applied to Virgin to get a cable connection and will see how reliable that is.

Virgin notified Plusnet that my service could terminate on 26/10 but when I was made aware of this I contacted Plusnet and told them to continue my service for a further month so 26/11

On 26/10 Virgin failed to get a cable connection so I patted myself on the back for my planning.

The following day I phoned Plusnet and cancelled the 26/11 cancellation request and said I would let them know when I was ready.

The next day Plusnet turned off my service so I spent a very frustrating few calls before my phone was finally restored but with a new number. I managed to get my old number back the following day and broadband was re-instated a couple of weeks later.

Throughout all of this I have paid all of my bills so obviously I have cheerfully paid for something that I have not received.

My latest bill arrived yesterday and was abou £120 more than it should have been so I spent over an hour on the phone resolving this and repeating the request to cancel on 26/11.

I am still not very optimistic that my service will not again be switched off on this date but we will have to wait and see on that.

I have received an email this morning telling me that a £30 credit has been applied to my account so when I get a chance that will be another hour on the phone.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: I have had to admit defeat

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
daveydub
Dabbler

Thanks Dvorak for moving this. I gather that you have decided that my drop-outs and slow speeds and non working phone is all a bit irrelevant and that I am just whingeing about the billing.

Very helpful

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@daveydub  As you seem to have decided to cancel your service I don't quite see why your drop outs and slow speeds are concerning you. Your sarcastic tone is a disservice to Dvorak who is a forum moderator and not a Plusnet employee and can do nothing about your Plusnet problems. Your post has been moved to a forum board that is more appropriate for dealing with your account and the possible contract  cancellation penalties that will be applied.

daveydub
Dabbler

Sorry Dvorak, I wrongly assumed that you were a Plusnet employee that was being pedantic about the location of my post rather than doing anything about it. I now realise that you are in fact a volunteer giving up your spare time to help with the admin of this forum. Please accept my humble apology and thanks to RAM for pointing out my error.

I am afraid that we will have to disagree about your other suggestion that I accept drop-outs and slow speeds while paying for a proper service. I have been dealing with this since the beginning of July and it was late in September that I finally decided, with great sadness, that I would have to seek an alternative solution. I have had internet access for perhaps 10 of the last 72 hours. If, in the new year I can get a cable connection and it works, I may then cancel my contract but the way I feel about ISPs at the moment I think that I will keep both services running for quite a while. This should increase my chances of having internet access considerably.