cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have cancelled so why does my account not reflect this?

RMGQ92
Dabbler

I have cancelled so why does my account not reflect this?

I have moved to a new provider for fibre using the switching service so I am concerned that my account does not show any signs of this. In fact it looks like you have moved me onto a fibre only service without phone. Why is this?
18 REPLIES 18
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: I have cancelled so why does my account not reflect this?

Hello @RMGQ92

I am really sorry to hear this. You would need to get in touch with your new supplier as they are the responsible for your Working Line Takeover order that you have processed with them.

I can see you have been contracted to a Fibre Only services with us currently.

Please let us know if you need us to look into anything else.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

From the OP:

I have moved to a new provider for fibre using the switching service so I am concerned that my account does not show any signs of this.

In fact it looks like you have moved me onto a fibre only service without phone. Why is this?

@Dumbledore wrote:
I am really sorry to hear this. You would need to get in touch with your new supplier as they are the responsible for your Working Line Takeover order that you have processed with them.

I can see you have been contracted to a Fibre Only services with us currently.

It looks more like something has gone wrong with the migration implementationSmiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

RMGQ92
Dabbler

My new supplier has already contacted Openreach and have received authority to set up the fibre and phone line and it moved on the 7th. The broadband stopped working with my Plusnet router and so I set up the new router and fibre is working as usual.

This leads me to believe the fault lies with Plusnet otherwise how would I now be receiving internet from the new supplier? I can't have 2 suppliers and I already know the Plusnet internet has ceased since the 7th as it should have... So what can I do to get Plusnet to do their job?
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @RMGQ92,

I've checked and we got confirmation of the phone transfer on the 7th September. This spits a ticket onto the account confirming this has happened, and because of the provider you've moved to (an LLU provider) someone manually has to makes sure everything has correctly moved away and then manually close the account. The process of manually checking the services have moved has been delayed. 

I've now actioned this for you and the account will update as closed today and the above ticket will be picked up by the billing department and any over payment credited back to you. 

Hope this helps to resolve the situation for you. 

bernard161
Hooked

I have the same issue so hope I'm doing the right thing replying on this thread rather than start another. I should have switched from Plusnet to Now TV for fibre broadband on September 6th, but I've had no communication from Plusnet, other than to tell me my phone line has been taken over by another provider.

I thought I'd receive an email about having left Plusnet, or one about getting my final bill. I disconnected the Plusnet router on the day of the switch and connected the Now TV router but according to them, that's yet to be done!

I will be very grateful for any help or advice, thank you. 

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @bernard161 and welcome to the forums.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in picking up this cancellation request.

After checking your account I can confirm that it is not exactly the same issue however, I have taken the relevant action to ensure the account is closed and you receive confirmation of your final bill. You can access the ticket I created with a more detailed explanation here.

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
bernard161
Hooked

Thank you so much Jubby, I'm very grateful for your fast response and for resolving the issue for me. I've only had very minor problems during my time with Plusnet which is why I didn't join the community before now.

I'm leaving because of an excellent deal from Now TV, not because I'm unhappy, and may well return when the 12 month contract is up. Thank you again!

RMGQ92
Dabbler

Same!

Thanks all for your help.
JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@bernard161, @RMGQ92 happy to help.

Remember the community is always here if you need anything, even as an ex-customer. So feel free to stay around!

bernard161
Hooked

Well I'm still around and feeling confused, as I've been billed for £18.49 rather than receiving a refund of £13.99. As it's getting late now I'll phone tomorrow to try and find out what's going on!

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @bernard161

I sincerely apologise for the issues you are experiencing. I have looked into this and updated you here via a ticket on your account.

Please get back to us if you have any further questions

Thanks,

chris73

I have exactly the same problem. I recently migrated my line and fibre service from Plusnet to Vodafone using the usual procedure, and my service was due to changeover on 1st October. True to their word, my Plusnet connection stopped working sometime in the early hours of the 1st and my Router would no longer connect using Plusnet's PPPoe credentials.

I then entered Vodafone's PPPoe information and connected immediately, I know i'm connected because i'm using their PPPoe and have a Vodafone IP, so why have Plusnet decided to put me on what appears to be a new Fibre Extra (no phone service) Contract which appears to have started on 1st October for £23.49 a month and of which the first payment will be taken on 8th October?

Last time I left Plusnet, they continued to invoice me the full amount for a service they were no longer providing, so is this yet another exciting variation of this?, clearly i'm not alone in experiencing this problem so its not isolated. But hopefully it will be resolved just as quickly as the cases reported above.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@chris73, sorry that we're still billing you post cancellation. It looks like the phone component cancelled automatically, but not the broadband side of things, which left your account on as broadband only. I've processed the cancellation completely now and I've also raised a ticket with our billing team to refund you the £23.49 if comes out. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bernard161
Hooked

Thank you Satss for your assistance with my refund issues. I'd hoped that would be the end of the matter but sadly, that still isn't the case. 

I was billed for another £18.49 and the £13.99 was never refunded. I received an email on 5.11.18 stating that my account is now closed and that I would receive the refund after 20 days. 

I haven't cancelled any direct debits but there may have been a problem I'm unaware of. Otherwise, I don't see why the refund is taking so long. If you can help or offer any suggestions as to who to speak to I'd be most grateful. I'd rather avoid the further aggravation of seeking help from outside Plusnet.

Thank you kindly,

Bernard