cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been slammed by plus net

rgough26

I have been slammed by plus net

My internet provider was talk talk and I recieved a letter through the post from them saying my account has been cancelled because I requested a switch to plus net.  I have never been in contact with plus net and cannot understand how this has happened.  I have no email evidence from plus net either and  I do not know if i am reistered with plus net or not and how they got my information.  I now have no internet and feel like I have been completely scammmed.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: I have been slammed by plus net

Hi @rgough26 If you had no communication from Plusnet, it is more than likely TT have made an error -  like inputting a wrong phone number/account number in their automated switching system. I have seen this happen before, although it very unusual.

I'm afraid your only option is to contact TT - which may be a little difficult in the current situation.

John
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Switching ISP is gaining ISP led. It isn't just TT using an automated switching system. Any ISP using OR's system will have the same option for gaining a subscriber (for instance, when I left PN all I did was fill in an online form on my 'new to be' ISP website). No phone calls but I did get emails and letters through the post from both. At no point did I contact PN at all.

Seems it isn't just @rgough26, here's a thread on TBB site but with another ISP involved.

But you're right, not the best of times to be contacting anybody.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

OK, @idonno - I know it is a GPL system, but the losing provider has to amend their records too, and the fact that the OP has received no communication from PN, seems to imply an administrative error at TT - or it could be that someone else  planned to leave TT and inadvertently entered the wrong details on their application, it only takes the reversal of two digits to cause confusion.

John