cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel I've been ripped off

superflyin1
Hooked

I feel I've been ripped off

I moved my business to another address and requested to move my broadband too. The lady on the phone she's like talking to herself on the phone, saying something and saying something else and ok I'll sort it out etc and she said I will open a new account for you. I said ok that's fine. Now i checked my account and honestly I'm shocked. She made me new 2 year contract for the normal price which is £34.99.  This price is even higher than Virgin Media 108MB 12 months contract. Why did she do that? I want to cancel my account. I had a contract with plusnet already and was free to go. I'm very upset now. 

2 REPLIES 2
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Re: I feel I've been ripped off

I think it's free to move your BB to your new address if you take out a new contract, otherwise there is a charge.  However, the person you spoke to should have made it clear that she was tying you to a new contract.  If you were/are a business customer, different rules may apply.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: I feel I've been ripped off

Hi @superflyin1.

Our standard practice is to make customers aware of what the cost of moving their service is, as well as advise it will be under a new contract term, this is advised on the phone as well as by email. I'm sorry to hear you were not made aware of this when you advised us of the new address for your business.

We can certainly investigate your address move call to see what was actually discussed, and where appropriate, feedback will be passed on. If it's been less than 14 days since you signed up for this we may be able to look at any discounts or deals that were negotiated too.

I would suggest you speak to our Customer Options Team to discuss this, as you have expressed you now wish to cancel your account.

You can contact them direct on 0800 013 2632 between the following hours:

Monday - Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 19:00
Sunday: 09:00 - 18:00

Currently there are no wait times for this department.