cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand why I've been charged for 2 calls.

FIXED
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't understand why I've been charged for 2 calls.

I've just been informed that my new bill is ready so I've had a look. I can't understand why I've been charged for 2 international calls on the 27/8 and 29/8. All the international calls are to the same number and all are zero charge except these two. There is a zero charge one recorded after the second charged one. All calls except one are less than 30 mins  (yes I know it's an hour now but old habits etc.) Is this an error or is there a reason?

I also don't understand why my bill has gone up from £17.74 per month to £24.46 when I am still in contract until 2/10/18?

It looks like this is the beginning of a nightmare Roll_eyes

why.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Re: I don't understand why I've been charged for 2 calls.

I've had a thought about the fact that this latest bill is approx £7 more than normal. Last year when I renewed my contract, at the same time I paid my LRS for the year. At the time I stressed very strongly, as I did this year, that I wanted the contract and the LRS to be co-terminous and I was assured that this would be so. If the reason is that this last bill is greater because I was out of contract, then that is because PlusNet are at fault and failed to do as promised.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

20 minute wait to get through - not too bad given that the phones must be red hot at Plusnet Towers at the mo - and 2 x tickets opened 182402947 and 182402778.

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Hi @longedge.

Sincere apologies for any confusion about your bill and the call charges, I appreciate you contacting us about them.

I have updated your ticket with a response.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Thank you, that's the easy one sorted. Clearly for whatever reason the two charged calls were just wrong.

I hope the outcome to my second ticket is as satisfactory Smiley

Your CS agent was very helpful.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I think I've figured out why you've been charged for calling international numbers.

The calls in the screenshot you've posted above add up to over 300 minutes which is over the allowance for our anytime international 300 call plan.

With regards to your other question I'll take a look now and reply back there.

[edit]

I see some calls were made to UK landlines, and the total length of the international calls add up to 299.96 minutes.

I've applied a credit to your account which will come off your next bill to cover those 2 calls you've been charged for.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf,

That must have taken a lot of analysis!! Wink

However, if it is the case that the inclusive allowance had been fully consumed is it likely that just two odd (random?) calls would have been charged for, with calls before the first, between the first & second and after the second all being free?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Don't think it is the case of that as I'd expect the last calls to be chargeable if it was. See my edit Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ah, I thought you were implying that the threshold still had a bearing. So it’s a case of cause not identified but customer symptoms addressed.

... a space to be watched. Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

To be fair, it's possible that I have gone over the 300 minutes, I've had relatives visiting and a lot of calls were made nevertheless if charges are incurred randomly to calls without any regard to the date on which they were made, then how can customers keep a track of what is happening?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @longedge,

You can keep track of all calls made through the member centre and if you do see any charges for landlines to that come under your package, as well as with in your allowance get back to us here. We will send it to the relevant team to be investigated further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

I'm afraid that you've lost me there.

I have 300 minutes of qualifying international calls. If out of say 30 calls to the same number, the 26th and 29th are charged and the 30th is not charged, how do I make sense of that?

On the member centre index page I used to see a link to my telephone details. That seems to have disappeared and the only place I can find any information about my telephone account now is in the bills section which is of course a restrospective view. I'm obviously looking and not seeing -how do I get to see the current state of the calls I've made recently?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Fix
There’s a calls not yet invoiced button.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

As I said "looking and not seeing" Roll_eyes - thanks.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sorry precise wording is “View unbilled calls”