Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to renew please.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: I'd like to renew please.

Thanks for getting back to me. You're currently in sync at 52mb and having checked I can't see any signs of congestion, if you're only seeing around 40mb (or less) (and wired connections are also affected), it may be worth having a run through our troubleshooting here and raising a fault here if the issue persists so we can look into this further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

As far as my speeds are concerned, this morning it is much the same as most days:-

Download speedachieved during the test was - 39.89 Mbps
     For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 27.5 Mbps-48.53 Mbps .
     Additional Information:
     IP Profile for your line is - 48.53 Mbps

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 7.71Mbps
     Additional Information:
     Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

The IP profile remains constant day to day but d/l speed varies by ~ 8Mbps. As this is within "the acceptable range" and I'm getting pretty much the max of what my line is capable of, it isn't the issue.

I have just updated my ticket 'again' to cancel the change in add-ons on my phone line so that there is no question at a future date of my having requested a product change.

Your last entry on the ticket says that for the time being, my product (55/10) will not be changed *but* there may be a clean up in future resulting in my being reduced to 40/10. That would be a material change that I would not want to accept.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @longedge,

I'm sorry for any confusion that this may have caused. I've responded further to the ticket just to clarify the current situation.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Thank you.

I've responded saying:-

"Please confirm that as I have cancelled my request for the minor change to my telephone add ons, you will not try to use this as an excuse at any future date to justify a change in my provision."

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @longedge

I've just dropped you a further response.

But effectively, telephone add ons such as call features and call plans are just extras. They can be added, cancelled and amended proactively and the changes won't affect your provision.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I wonder then why when I login to the customer portal it says:-

"You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

A product change requested by me also allows a change by PlusNet in provision to one of the two currently available products. A change implemented by PlusNet without my request would give me more options contractually I believe.

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi again @longedge,

My apologies, I should have been more specific. Changes such as those to your call plan won't take effect until your next billing date, in which case you won't be able to alter them until they've completed. When your billing date passes, the change will take effect and then you'll have the option to make amendments once more if you wish.

Changes to call features such as voicemail or caller display take less time to take effect, normally around 48 hours.

That being said, they're still just added components and neither will affect your provisioned broadband contract.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I think I may have edited my last post whilst you were replying. The last paragraph of my post sets out my concern.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@longedge

@Optimatts appears to have addressed your concerns on the ticket

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Yes indeed - I think I've gone past boring with it now and I'll 'give it a rest' Smiley .  I think it has to do with my being a bit of a pessimist at heart i.e. if something can go wrong, it probably will. Thank you for your patience.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@longedge,

It's not a problem. I was a little worried I was missing something. If you do have any other problems please do get in touch.