Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'd like to renew please.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I'd like to renew please.

The time of the year has come around again for me when I'm facing the annual conundrum.

I've had a renewal email for my LRS which runs out on 1/10/19 as does my contract.

If I renew my LRS in good time to avoid double billing, I might then later find that the discount I've currently got on my broadband is not being offered on renewal at which time I will already have paid my LRS for the year.

I am happy to pay my LRS and renew my contract at the same price I now pay both starting 2/10/19 - now how do I achieve that?

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post and its reply split to their own thread for better visibility and title changed..
25 REPLIES 25
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: I'd like to renew please.

It's worse than that, the broadband contracts are not aligned to the "billing" dates while the LRS is. Why is a new contract not of the form "to the next complete billing period (if it starts with a partial period) then 12 complete billing periods", with an appropriate adjustment if the billing date is changed (limited to once per contract period)?

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Mav
Fixes: 515

@longedge 

It may be worth giving the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving) a ring.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @longedge, so long as you renew the Line Rental Saver before 1/10/19 it would just carry on, so to keep Broadband and LR in line with each-other would be best getting in touch with our Customer Options Teams in September to renew.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

A number of points I'd make:-

1. I can renew my LRS now and it will not come into force until 2/10/19 that's fine and that's how it should all work.

2. If I don't renew my LRS well in advance I'll probably get charged normal line rental for one or more months in addition to having paid the LRS like last year.

3. If I renew my broadband contract in advance then the new contract period will move forward to that date and they will be out of step again.

4. If I have renewed my LRS and COT don't come up with a price that's acceptable, I can leave and lose what I've paid up front or be forced to stay, pay and look happy.

p.s. @Mav  - Yes that's what I normally do I just don't want to join the ranks of screwed up direct debiteers again and want if I can to pre-empt that happening.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @longedge,

I am sorry for the problem you had experienced last year, as much as unlikely as it is that the same problem would arise the time period that you renew the LRS would not change this should an issue occur. Having said that I do need to stress that it is highly unlikely that this would occur again.

I believe my colleague has recommended that you contact us 30 days prior to your LRS expiring so that you can discuss a deal with our Customer options team and should you choose to accept the broadband offer, keep the contract end dates the same for both products.

This also would mean should you find a more beneficial offer elsewhere and require to cancel you account, you will not lose out on a years line rental paid in advance.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

@SammyM  This sounds like a step in the right direction but to be absolutely clear, you're saying that on the 1st (well 2nd I suppose or do they work on Sundays?) September I can ring in to speak with the COT and agree a broadband deal which will then come into effect on the 2nd October. Having done that I can then go ahead and renew my LRS and be in time to avoid problems with any double charging.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi longedge, that's right yes. 

Alternatively if you let us know a day or two prior to that we can arrange for someone from COT to give you a call. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Many tyhanks for the re-assurance. I've made a note in my diary Smiley

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Well hopefully that has gone to plan. LRS renewed and another 12 month contract agreed both starting on 2nd October. Now it's just a matter of hoping that there are no hiccups Smiley

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @longedge,

I'm glad to hear that you've sorted out your LRS contract and another 12 month contract is due to go ahead next month. If you have any further queries or issues concerning this then please don't hesitate to get back in touch and we'll be happy to lend a helping hand.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

I have now been informed on ticket #193785399 that if I stay with PlusNet, my current 55/10 provision will be reduced to 40/10.

I'm disappointed that this is the case, all I was looking to do was stay with PlusNet on the same conditions that I've had up to now.

It looks as if I was premature in thinking that the contract renewal was going to be straightforward.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

I was going to edit my post but didn't get back in time.

Is a contract renewal considered to be a product change by PlusNet?

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @longedge. I have responded to you in more detail on the ticket here due to containing some account specifics.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
longedge
Aspiring Pro

Thank you for your response. I have replied as follows:-

"I'm aware that the product that I am on is not available to new customers.

My actual speedtest results currently return about 40/8 according to TBB speedtester but the single threaded download is right down into single figures on a regular basis. I understand that this is usually an indication of congestion but I'm OK with things as they are as most applications employ multi threading.

I believe that I am at the limit of what my line will support and would therefore not benefit from upgrading my provision but when you previously (mistakenly) reduced me to 40/10 some time ago I certainly felt the effect with substantially reduced download speeds.

Remaining on my current provision is of the essence to my contract albeit it is not what would be available to me if I were a new customer."