cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant update my landline telephone services

smithywestwill
Hooked

I cant update my landline telephone services

With working from home due to Covid-19 I decided to update my landline call plan from evenings and weekends to anytime several weeks ago. The change hasn't taken effect and whenever I log into my account it says I can't make amendments to my plan as a change is in progress? I don't remember anything about a delay in the plan change and BT change a plan immediately so why has this change not taken place? The call charges have increase significantly and I need to get this resolved asap please.

If this was just bad timing and I made the change just after my previous bill then wouldn't a useful message be an idea stating the date when the change in progress will be applied?

7 REPLIES 7
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: I cant update my landline telephone services

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Home Phone to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@smithywestwill  Welcome to the forum.

Unless you contact a member of Plusnet staff with the necessary authority to make the change it will kick in on your next billing date.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@smithywestwill 

Changes to call plans usually take effect from the next billing date as you suspected. However, some Plusnet staff members can make such changes "instantly". If you PM a staffer who is on line (see the bottom of this page https://community.plus.net/ )

you might be able to arrange for that to happen. Staff member Plusnettony has done this in the past. Good luck.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @smithywestwill

Thank you for your query, I am sorry to hear of the frustrations that have been caused.

In normal circumstances, any changes to a call plan take effect as of the next billing date. As you changed your call plan online, we sent email notification to confirm when your new call plan would be active, you can view this online here.

Due to Covid-19 crisis, we have been giving customers the option to have the call plan added to their account immediately when speaking to our support teams over the phone. This isn't something that can be done online as it requires a manual intervention, and as you changed the call plan online, it wasn't an option available.

We don't all have the permissions to change the call plan immediately I'm afraid, but if this is something that you would like us to do, I can try and arrange a call to take payment of the call plan and activate it immediately?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
smithywestwill
Hooked

Hi, thanks for the response. Yes, please can you arrange for someone to call me so we can activate this as soon as possible.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I have tried doing this but it's failed for some reason, possibly because I've only just scheduled the cancellation of the automated change. I will try attempt to ring you tomorrow to make the change if I can. If the error is still there, we're going to need to schedule it as it was. Either way, I should no more tomorrow. I've created a ticket on your account to monitor it and to remind me to call too.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
smithywestwill
Hooked

thanks that's very useful