cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot find my contract length. Nor is there an option to cancel my contract (save via . . a PDF)

JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

I cannot find my contract length. Nor is there an option to cancel my contract (save via . . a PDF)

1) I cannot find my contract length, despite trying some suggestions offered on the forum in threads started by . . other people with the same problem.

2) I am considering leaving. Eventually, I found a PDF that I can complete print and post; the PDF also has a telephone number I can ring. It should be easier than that.

I note that Plusnet was the most complained about (on some metric or other) broadband provider last year and the second most complained about provider this year. How the plucky, worthy startup has fallen.

7 REPLIES 7
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: I cannot find my contract length. Nor is there an option to cancel my contract (save via . . ...

There are a couple of ways to look at this.

When the new contract was sorted, we sent an email out which confirms the end date of the contract. You can also find this in the ticket history on your account. In addition to this, once you log into the portal, the contract length is displayed on the top right hand side. If it's not shown, is it possible that your contract may have already expired?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

Re: I cannot find my contract length. Nor is there an option to cancel my contract (save via . . ...

Dear Tony T

Thank you for your reply.

I am having trouble finding the relevant e-mail - and in implementing the alternative strategies that you mention. (1) 'You can also find this in the ticket history on your account.' Ticket history? I find nothing answering that description. (2) ' [O]nce you log into the portal, the contract length is displayed on the top right hand side.' The 'portal'? When I log into the Plusnet website, I see no contract information displayed at the top of the screen. But, ah, I see, about a third of the way down https://www.plus.net/member-centre/home, information about my contract. I find the contract runs until 30th Apr 2020.

Is there any information you can give me about ended my contract early?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @JustSomeAnodyne,

I am sorry to hear you are looking to leave us and for any inconvenience that has been caused. Is there something your are experiencing that we can help with?

Alternatively if you are in contract and looking to leave early, there would be a termination fee. Our customer options team are the best people to speak to about this and can be reached directly on 0800 013 2632.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

Thanks. So, you can't yourself tell me, here, the termination fee? If so, I'll ring up.

The main problem I am having is regular 4am brief dropouts i.e. loss of connectivity. Or you might say the problem is communication: I reported the problem to Plusnet; and engineers tested the line at 9am and concluded all was fine. This doesn't seem to make much sense. I said as much on the ticket (or whatever it is called) at issue) and heard nothing back. The problem might be my router software but I'd like a proper check at your end. Or perhaps the check was sufficient but I've been given no reason to believe it is.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thanks for getting back to us @JustSomeAnodyne.

Though we can't advise of any account specific information (such as the current termination fee) on here, I have provided this information along with your contract length on a ticket which you can view here.

I am really sorry for the issues that you are having with your service. I have ran a test today today and this hasn't highlighted any faults that could be causing an issue and we are seeing a stable connection for the last 2 and a half days. I have picked up your fault ticket and added a further reply on there for you (here). I have taken ownership of this for you as would really like to help get this resolved.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
JustSomeAnodyne
Grafter

The termination fee ticket contained the following, which threw me slightly. 'Thank you for getting in touch today on Twitter/ Facebook.' But thank you for the information that you provided there. I imagine the termination fee varies with time-left-on-contract. I will deal with the other ticket - the one about loss of connection - on that ticket itself.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Sorry @JustSomeAnodyne, it was meant to say thanks for getting in touch on the forums! I'm sorry for my error there.

The termination fee will reduce as you get closer to the contract end date, the figure I provided was based on if you were to leave today. I'll pick up your fault ticket now and reply shortly.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team