cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see how much usage I have/used

francesca446

I can't see how much usage I have/used

I've logged in and go to check your usage but when I click on it it says "Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.

After logging on I am going it to check my usage but instead of displaying usage it comes up with "Sorry, there's nothing to show at the moment.  This might be because your account is new, or your usage has been reset for a new billing period.

I've been with Plusnet 6 years I think so it's not a new account at all.  

I logged out and tried to log back in to see if it cleared the problem but when I tried it said password or use name invalid.  I then thought the password may be wrong, even though I was 99% sure it was correct (as I have a note of it) but when I tried to reset the password it said the email address was wrong (I get my bills to this email address!).  So I thought maybe I had got the username incorrect so went to reset it and it said my phone number and/or email address was invalid.  It also said the verification code was typed incorrectly.  I typed in 2 different in case the first one I did incorrecly but no joy....

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happened?  Is it happening to anyone else?

21 REPLIES 21
nicktee
Dabbler

Re: I can't see how much usage I have/used

Been the same for a few days now, seems to be a system wide fault.

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Same problem here, which started about the same time as I renewed my contract, although that could well be a coincidence.

Quite a few recent threads on the same subject -  PN are working on it...probably.

nicktee
Dabbler

I'm in mid-contract, so think it may be the same for everyone.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

The problem with your usage that's stopped reporting is a side effect with the investigations of the recent packet loss issue that some of our customers had been experiencing.

It's a temporary measure, however I'm unable to tell you when it will return to normal just yet.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

Join the club, I've not been able to see any usage since 20th July, so not that recent.  Although I was told by email after a live chat that the problem was known to PN, the service status page continues to claim that there is no problem with the usage meter.

itsj
Dabbler

My last billing period started on 4 Jan 17 and the usage meter has not been working throughout.  Not being able to check where I was up to on usage, it seems I have exceeded  my monthly allocation and received an email saying I will be billed an extra £5.  I complained over the 'phone as I believe this breaches OFCOM rules and a ticket was raised.  Just checked and I see they have simply closed the ticket without even replying.  Usage meter still not working either.  Not good customer service.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@itsj

Formal complaints procedure here https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/

Although OFCOM will not investigate individual complaints,  they will collect data about issues which may be used in bulk at a later date, so always worth letting them know in addition to the formal complaint procedure https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
itsj
Dabbler

Thanks for this advice.  I used the online chat service and they agreed to credit me with the £5 incurred for the excess usage that I hadn't known about due to the meter not working.  Credit to them - no quibble and my faith in PlusNet restored.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@itsj

Have Plusnet fixed your "View My Usage" yet ?  I hope so otherwise you could be going through this again when the next bill comes in.

People on restricted usage tariffs are not supposed to be affected by the none recording of usage data. You will need to log a fault again if they haven't fixed it this time round.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
itsj
Dabbler

No -  usage meter still not working.  Will follow your advice if still not fixed when new billing period starts in a few days time.  Thanks again.

itsj
Dabbler

Usage meter still not working.  Any news on whether/if this will get fixed?

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

@itsj I'm really sorry to hear you're not able to view your usage. I've looked into your account and I can see you're on a capped usage package.

I've performed some maintenance on your account, can you try a reboot of your router and let me know the meter doesn't work within the next 24 hours?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
itsj
Dabbler

Very many thanks Anoush.  Did the reboot and usage meter now working again.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Fantastic news, no problems.

If there's anything else I can help with please feel free to let me know.