cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I called my Husbands mobile and it cost me £45!

@jelv

I am not the OP and am not affected by this issue personally.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

We've since resolved this for @Jadebray by refunding the call charges incurred because of this problem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

The fix for this has now been implemented.

@Anonymous all customers affected will be refunded, regardless of whether they have contacted us about this or not. The team are now working through the fix for refunding those customers.

Thanks

Louisa
LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for the update on that customer @Gandalf

Louisa
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Your reply suggests that individual customers are being refunded.

Plusnet told the ASA

Plusnet have assured us that this is an issue they are currently investigating however in the meantime any such numbers will be included in their call plans and all customers who have been charged for such calls will be refunded.

See https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/I-called-my-Husbands-mobile-and-it-cost-me-45/m-p/1...

Can you confirm that you are actually doing what you told the ASA you would do?

Edit: Posts crossed

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LouisaMartin

Thanks for the update.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

The fix for this has now been implemented.

@LouisaMartin thanks for the update, so could you advise what the fix is please ?

i.e

which mobile prefixes are in what charge bands ?

which charge bands are included in mobile calls ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LouisaMartin
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@MisterW - I'll see what I can find out however, I'm not promising I will come back today on this. I'll do this as soon as I can.

Louisa
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

No problem, I wasn't expecting a response today. It's just that if it's fixed, then we really need to understand what exactly has been done... 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@LouisaMartin,

Is there an update on the nature of the fix please?

Ann-on-a-Moose
Dabbler

I am the OP,

I have marked this thread as new as I am eagerly awaiting news on the fix and don't wish to lose sight of this problem. I hope to hear soon PN's reply to customers posts. I am confident that it will be a satisfactory conclusion based on the positive feedback currently offered in this thread by @LouisaMartin and others, but still feel it is important to keep up awareness of the overcharging on some mobile numbers, which should be free according to PN's free mobile calls package, as previously stated PN is refunding customers who have been effected. I am no longer in need of a fix as my husband has a new mobile number from Sky (not that I have tried to call it from my landline Roll_eyes). I am aware that others will be effected by this issue though and everyone should be checking their bills to see if they have been charged for mobile calls they believed would be free. Thank you to all Community members and Superusers who have spoken out to make sure this issue has had the right amount of attention from PN. I do feel we should have had a result by now regarding the oversight and exactly what occurred and how it has been resolved, but as long as customers are reimbursed then I think our job here will be done. PN please hurry and wrap this up, I am currently subscribed to this thread and have been for 4 months now Crazy2 If you have fixed it then I would like it to be seen to be resolved and finished definitively and ASAP, Thanks Thumbs_Up

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Ann-on-a-Moose,

Marking a topic NEW only does that for you - in effect it marks it as UNREAD just for YOU.

@LouisaMartin

Do you have the feedback you hoped to obtain please?

Ann-on-a-Moose
Dabbler

01/11/17......

@LouisaMartin

Any feedback yet?

Thank you   Angel Should I perhaps start a new topic then to gain focus? Or do you think feedback will be provided soon?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi - NO!!

Spawning new topics on the same issue is very much frowned upon and is likely to draw the firm feel of a moderator's have hand on your collar.

I will give this yet another prod...

Ann-on-a-Moose
Dabbler

Hi, Oh, glad I didn't do that then, I wouldn't want to upset the moderators Police ing Angel

Thank you for nudging though Thumbs_Up I really would like a conclusion to the matter.